Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Your latest installment of "tales from taperville"

I feel good today.. some chills and sweats not too bad.. time to drop again tommorrow.. down to 5mg/day starting tommorrow.. slept last night but i took some sleep aids.. lunesta and half a xanax. Tapering can be done.. i am not out of the woods yet by any means but it can be done..I have made it from my 60-100mgs a day habit to 7.5mgs/day.. I started actively tapering 5 weeks ago. I got a root canal... had bronchitis.. and still tapered. I am on the verge of losing my job. I still tapered. It wasn't easy by any means.. it did take some willpower.. also alot of help from this forum.. 90% of my success thus far goes to all of you.. Luv you guys..(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

stephanie
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Congrats, I think you are doing a great job, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Yes dental problems do indeed suck! I am having so many teeth problems as well.

Anyhow thanks for your well wishes and good luck with your tapering also.
Helpful - 0
Well ya I do.  But I think the only way is to also schedule out how I am going to stay busy as well as be accountable to some outside person.  I have been successful many times (obviously not always) with Davids theory and putting it off etc.  I have much less anxiety and panic, knowing they are there.  BUT THAT IS CRAZY..that is an addict thinking I am afraid.  I must think this through and YES  I would like your input.  I'll e-mail you with my exact situation.  Then once we figure it out I will share it with the forum, as to be accountable to them too.  I am hearing you and others say get back on the horse.   I had a taste of the good feeling you get when you are proud of yourself.  I want that back.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Root canals suck... I don't wish dental problems on my worse enemy.. I have had such a hard time with my molars.. hope yours is better.. i wish you the best of luck.. and great job keeping with your taper..
Helpful - 0
Congrats, you are doing so well. I too am going through a root canal. I got the first visit over and done with and am panicing a bit about making it to second visit which is in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will well on my way to recovering by then!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I want that for you...e mail me with the details we will work something out.. what part of the country do you live in again??? city and state please.. zip code.. lets find you some stuff to do.. and maybe a group or something if you are willing to try.. I luv ya girl..
Helpful - 0
ok  i'll write you.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Being honest is the first step.. i appreciate you honesty. So lets talk taper... want me to lay out a schedule for you??? Maybe if you have a person to be accountable to you can do it..i won't lie.. it had its hard moments.. but i stuck it out.. there were days i stuck it out for all of you.. when i didn't feel i could do it for myself.. Rehab is also an option.. whether its a inpatient or a partial day program. I would look into it.. even if you just went from 9am-5 every day..connecting with people in person and learning how to live without giving in. Its a thought.. I would think about it over night.. make decision a go for it.. I am here walking right beside you.. I will help you go the distance.. whats it gonna be???
Helpful - 0
Maybe I should e-mail you, but I ****** up, and now I really should give taper a WHOLE HEARTED TRY.  I don't know if I can do it, but it would be good to sit down and figure out the numbers and get a plan. I'll prolly blow it, but it would keep me from fuckin just doin them all as usual.  I really ****** up.

Proud of you, as usual, and I mean that.  I am not intentionally trying to sound flipant (sp?) I really mean it.  Every day I am proud of your struggle.  Maybe taperville is an option.  otherwise what is?  Throwing them away  ya, right.

I'm ok, just WTF? It won't end unless I go to rehab maybe, I dunno.  Just thanks for listening.  I told marce today, then decided to fess up on the forum,  Feels good to be honest with you.  (I guess, not really.)
Peace~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.