Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 4 & counting

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading a lot of the posts for the last few days. Learning about your stories, battles, victories has been so helpful. I realize that I'm not alone in this. So I decided to jump in myself!

I've become addicted to Oxycontin for about 5 years,after fooling myself that I wasn't using that much, generally 1 or 2 pills, and that it was for pain, even though I wasn't in pain. I finally decided I had to quit this nighmare. I took my last last pill at 6 P.M. on Tuesday, March 6th.. I guess I'm in the midst of the worst phase of w/d, it's so hard not knowing what to expect and when things get better. Actually, I might be lucky, in that I've been able to function each day, barely, and go to work and so on. I fight depression but it's the nights that I dread, the insomnia, tossing & turning. How much lnger does that continue?

Thanks for listening and this forum has truly been my savior.

psclancy  (Mike)
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hang in there I am on Day 6 it is much better today than a couple of days ago.  Still have major sleep problems but I actually feel good today.
Helpful - 0
Hi Mike,

I am on dat 9 c/t (sort of...i slipped last night and took 1/2 a pill so I could get some sleep).

I, like you, DREAD the nights.  I am only getting about 2 hours of sleep a night, and that isn't all at once.  But, other than the pure exhaustion I am feeling better.  Much better than day 4.

Everyone's story is different, some say after months they still aren't sleeping and some say after about 2 weeks it gets better.  I just don't know.  Praying for sooner rather than later.

Keep reading and posting here.  I really helps!  DAnthorpe is a great story to read and follow.  Also, he gives great advice and continues to be an inspiration day after day.

Good luck, and we're all here for you!!

Izzy
Helpful - 0
Thanks Dave. I look forward to getting to day 6, 7 & beyond. I can't believe how I allowed myself to get to this point & have to thru this ****. But it is what it is. Are you taking anything to help you sleep?

Mike
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately my body couldn't handle it, at day 4 my body went into starvation mode and shock, almost died, I'm sure you're much stronger than I am, I can handle the puking, crapping, sweating, convulsing, but I CANNOT handle the complete and total loss of mind control, now I know why so many people commit suicide, they thing they're going crazy!  GOOD LUCK, sounds like your over the worst of it.
Helpful - 0
I am new here to but not new to the drug I have been using for a year now snorting them its hard as hell I am on day 5 which is a hell of alot better then day 3 n 4 just keep on mentally pushing your self I read somthing about thomas recipe for with drawl symptoms I went out and purchaced the stuff today I am hoping that it works I am thinking of you all I am in the struggle with you AND IT STINKS!!
Helpful - 0
I too have read about Thomas Recipe. I'm going to the Health Food store this afternoon and get wht else ZI need. I've done my own type of detoxing with lots of viatmins, vegetable juice, no coffee, sugar, etc.. The only thing I don't have and I'n going to get is valium or anyother prescription drug. I've had enough of that. I might get some type of over the counter sllep aid to help, becuase that it is really the worst. Looks like you're one day ahead of me on this journey. Good luck to you. Keep me posted on your progress, hurdles, etc.

Mike
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.