Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I can't believe it, I go away for the afternoon and look what happens..

My name is Yoda (real name Linda).  I cannot handle this bickering and fighting.  This board is for us to help one another and it has been an amazing help to me.  There's so many of us, that we're bound to have differences of opinion, but we can express our views in a regular manner.  Leave the anger out.  If you want to tell someone what you think, do it but don't do it a way that it offends them or hurts them.  I need all of ya'll.  More than anything.  I don't have anyone to help me with this oxy withdrawal but all of you.  My children are in college in Jax and I am separated from my husband.  I have no family here.  And I have never, ever told my friends that I was addicted to oxy and stoned most everytime I was with them.  Also sometimes I read a post and it might get to me a little bit, but I just let it go.  And that's what we all need to do.  Not offend and let it go.  We don't really need to talk about anything on this board except conquering our addictions and sharing our knowledge.  Of course it's ok to talk about our problems because we need an outlet, but I want to see everyone on this board straighten up right now.  Please do it for me.  If you don't, I'm going to have to start eating all those darn oxys hidden in a sock in my closet.  I feel like all of you are my friends and friends do not say unkind things.  You can get your point across in a mannerly way.  And if someone should say something to you that bothers you, let it go.  It will make them look bad.  Do the right thing.  For me, please?
Need ya'll.
Yoda
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
190466 tn?1215884854
I think some people feed off the drama and loose sight of what we are here for, thats why they call us addicts. well said Yoda hope and prayers for all who are trying Clay TX
Helpful - 0
Linda - you know I have shown you love and compassion here - but please - reconsider making comments like

"If you don't, I'm going to have to start eating all those darn oxys hidden in a sock in my closet."

PLEASE don't touch the sock, but if you do, please don't blame me or this board.

As for the rest - it's not about bickering or debating - it's about making sure that some newcomer who CANNOT do c/t (as I could not myself) coming here and seeing someone calling him a loser because he wants to taper or because he slipped one day. It's about him or her knowing there other ways besides NA and c/t.

That's ALL it's about.  I couldn't care less about the rest.  

If you read ALL the posts you'll see the point - and it was NOT a negative day, heck even cforster and me are havin' a hug!  

Peace
/D
Helpful - 0
My dear DAnthrope, you know I care greatly about you but I think you have a manner about you that gets people excited or upset, and that's why they say unkind things to you and then you get upset.  I did not say it was a negative day and I do read all the posts.  I just think things have gotten out of hand lately and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that.  And here's an example:  When you told me not to say things like I'm going to start eating my oxys and not to blame the board, that hurt my feelings.  But it's ok.  I was just pleading and that's what I feel like doing, going in there and starting on them all over again.  Remember I have a problem?  We all have problems.  And I would never blame anyone for my failure.  I have the guiltys enough just having this problem.  I have followed your posts since I joined the board.  You have shared much knowledge and I have tried to read everything you suggested people to read.  I don't think my post was anything for you to be bothered by.  I was reaching out...  Darling, could you write to me at my regular email:  ***@****  I think I'd like to get to know you a lot better but I'd rather us just talk for a while.  And I care for you and admire you.  But I am feeling really down today but I'm still not caving.  
Thanks, Yoda
Helpful - 0
You are a courageous person. You are not alone.  I mean I'm sure myself,and many other's want the best for you and each of us.
I'm looking forward to seeing the victory for each of us.  And its more then just possible.  
Its going to happen.
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for your kind comment.  I have come to rely on this board and feel like all of you are supporting me and I want to support each and everyone of you.  I have had a very hard life for my 36 years, but I'm a gentle person and a peacemaker.  I truly believe that we can all express our opinions, talk about our problems, and offer advice in a way that's not offensive.  There is no one set way to conquer our addictions.  Different things work for different people.  I know that I have had much help from the people on this board and I feel like they are my family.  It truly troubles me to see people blasting away at others for not doing it "their" way and then the offended blasts back.  I think we can all get along and like I said, I need ya'll.  I broke many bones in my car wreck.  The bones healed but I have nerve damage and the bones that healed in my back are being eaten away by an inherited disease called spondylyosis (spelling?)  I have great pain every day and that's why I was put on the oxys over two years.  With my addictive personality, I soon started abusing them.  So when I ate a month's worth of pills in two weeks, and then went into w/d's, I decided to search the internet for help.  And I found this board and it has been a great help to me.  I really don't think I could've done it without ya'll cheering me on.  I guess having such a soft heart is not a good thing, because it does disturb me when I see this kind of thing going on.  And I think most people will agree with me.  If not, that's ok too.  Thanks again for your encouragement.
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.