Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

NEED ANSWERS PLEASE

Hi, I detoxed 7 days ago from vicodin. They did this with methadone. I left the center 3 days later and felt great (of course I did, b/c the methadone was still in my system!) Felt O.K. day 4, not great day 5 and today I have had so many anxiety and panic attacks that I took a 5mg diazapam about two hours ago. My question is this, did I just set myself up back to square one??? I feel much calmer, much less anxious now. But I don't want to be dependent on ANYTHING...I don't want to feel good just b/c of the pill. And when will I start feeling back like I did earlier today? In a few hours, tomorrow, the next day? When does the depression end?? Does it take days, weeks, months? I'm so anxiety ridden about all of this. I can't believe I got myself into this situation. I felt so good this morning that it has been 1 week without vicodin, and then I go and take a diazapam...what an idiot. Any comments would be very helpful. I also wrote back to a few people about my taper, it is under my name in the original question a few days ago. Thank you and I am praying for all of us.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree, I think you will be fine. I took ativan last night because I couldn't sleep. Just be very careful and only take it when you absolutely need it. Hang in there, you are doing great. :)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
diazapam is a benzo.. not a opiate.. I wouldn't take em all the time but they can be helpful during this time. You did not set yourself back as far as your vicodin detox. I would however be careful they are addicting as well.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.