Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Friday Night Formal Check In.. Everybody..

I am Stephanie.. I am a 26 yr old opiate addict.. have been here almost 6 weeks. Was taking 60-100mgs a day for 2 years. Tapered down to 7.5mgs/day as of yesterday. Today was busy for me... having some back pain from working..sciatic is flared up. Doing great as far as the taper is concerned.. feeling better today than i did at the beginning of the week..

hope everyone had a good day.. and has a good weekend. i will be on all night since its my night home by myself.

stephanie
"the tapering atheist"
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I also tapered over time from percs. In fact before I went C/T, I was down to 1/4 of a 15mg. tablet, then I went C/T, and truth is what this forum is about, so in truth, it wasn't easy. Today at 6:00am I started day 5. Not a good night, but the brain fog is getting much better, able to go out, and feeling how drug free normality is a beautiful thing. The best to you, and it sounds like you are doing a great job.
Helpful - 0
Maybe you won't even see this in all the commotion, but last night when I coldn't help myself and commented on the tapering-C/T beliefs I actually stated you as an example of great success. You have been so strong throughout everything and stuck to your tapering plan and is a great example for all of us who are still trying to stick to a plan. C/T may be the best for some people and tapering may be the best for other perople, and everyone posting here should receive support and understanding for their choice. If you see this could I ask you, did you make a plan for the whole tapering period or di you just decide how much to cut down as you went along?
Minnie
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
No eggshells here.. I try to make light of things when they blow over.. all this talk of tapering being impossible and all the god stuff.. i just wanted to say it.. i am tapering have been doing great.. and i am an atheist.. .. religion is the main reasons for all the wars we have ever had.. all the indifference and judgement.. i guess i am more not into organized religion than against religion entirely.  i think it serves many help. If thats what you believe..I wanted to put it our there that i am an example of someone who is this way and what i have been doing.. so maybe someone else wouldn't be put off by all the talk.

PS i never belived in Santa either..
Helpful - 0
You crack me up...are ya walking on eggshells there steph?  Sweet Jesus I just got done reading (whew) todays posts, almost.  I'll be right back, I'm on tonight too.

Marce get your ass back here.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
there was a time we did this every night on the weekend..

maybe my "tapering atheist" comment wasn't as funny as i thought it was. geez guys.. take a joke..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.