Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Greetings Forum Friends,,,its Friday night, what's up?

Hey it's Creek here, confused as ever about my own addiction so I had a hard time absorbing all the debates today.  

I am impressed by the knowledge and courage that each person has to speak their truth and beliefs.  I is a learning experience for sure.  

This family is sure appreciated tonight...another Friday night with Creek, oh joy joy!  I really need to get out more I know.  But when the lonely weekends come, I connect more than ever with the friends I have made here on the forum.

I have come to the aweful realization that I am way more productive on pills than off and it is messing with my head. I  have convinced myself that I am the only one on the planet that this disease won't be progressive.  

Does anyone know about the progressive damage that is happening as I waste more and more time CHOOSING RECOVERY?  You know, like that frog that just stays in the water as it gets warmer....slowly...and doesn't know to get out before he boils to death.   Because it happens so gradually?  How long can I wait to "hit bottom"  to "crash and burn"?  What does it take when I KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO but don't do it.  

Thanks for listening tonight.  I read all of your wisdom today, tink...oh as usual, too hard to name everyone that MAKES this place what it is...a family (to me anyway).  Peace~
I am here to listen.  Sending STRENGTH to you in your battle, wherever you are in it.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
if it wasn't covered in snow i would fly up there for a week and take care of you... you have boys right??? i would be like your adoptive daughter..
Helpful - 0
In a nutshell, I am masking my pain with this addiction.  This addiction is not causing the pain it is masking it...it isn't all about withdraw, it's about that dreaded life after.  (or the one before?)  

You guys are great, I'll be back, I have company...my talky talky neighbor that I haven't talked to in over a week, uh-oh.  And my dog got in her garbage last night...I am in for an earful.  BE back:)   Steph still haven't posted you.  I took a long time reading.
Helpful - 0
sooo happy to hear from you tonight. i wish i could chat w/ you, seems like we seem to miss eachother here, or was your computer acting up? anyways my girls are here (as i'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about) but i have to go to bed with them, that SNUGGLE TIME IS PRICELESS.... so i wont be up late.

i will try and catch up w/ you maybe this week, okay???

keep on posting, i love reading your posts. i will be checking in (cant stay away from my on-line family) but wont have much time to ppost over the weekend.

you'll be in my thoughts :)

luv ya girl,
tink
Helpful - 0
I am back.  Thanks tink...we'll catch up for sure.  YOU ENJOY and live it for all it's worth!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.