Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

90 Days!!! How are all of ya?

Hi all!!
Long time no post! Good to see some familiar names still, although I didnt expect it. Thought I would come over and over some encouragement.

Been over 90 days now off of ms contin 120 mgs per day, and 5-6 norco 10/325 a day. The withdrawals were really tough! The first 2 weeks were really rough, and it got better and better ass the days went by. My senses, taste, smell, emotions all woke up.

Today I am radically a new person, even quit smoking from day 1 of the withdawals. You can do it! It is worth it! I still have RSD pain, and it still drives me crazy, but I have my brain back!! So much so I was creative lol. Check this out!

http://www.freepowerboards.com/crps/

Well I will keep checkin in for the next few days to say hi to all my friends, and also to greet all the new friends. Stay the course!! You can do it!
Allen
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Man my spelling sucked! LOL
=)
Helpful - 0
Your spelling is fine and the least of importance. We all misspell, just rushing to peck away with our concerns and input. Focusing on someone's spelling is petty because your message is awesome. Don't worry, we all do it. Just coming across your post is inspiring to me and I am so glad to hear of your success. Did you cold turkey or use a special regime? Once again, I am so happy 4 u and inspired. GOD's Best To You.
Helpful - 0
189586 tn?1297254061
whats  up,,,my friend,,good for you,,have not heard from you,,I have been pretty scarce myself,,,working alot ,,anyways,,proud of both of us,,keep it up,,,greatttttttttt job,,,bugz
Helpful - 0
THREE FREAKIN MONTHS,,,you are doing it!  AND I AM THRILLED TO HEAR stuff like..."reclaiming my life" amd how good it feels on the other side.  I appreciate you returning and sharing that GOOD GOOD news today.  Our forum needed that shot in the arm and news of success and perserverence!!!!!   Way to go...I am sure many more will see and recognize your name again and AWESOME story...YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!  You make me proud and inspire me to try try  try again, and if it doesn;t work, keep trying.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Hey man!! Good to see you!

You were my inspiration to quit smoking =) How did the surgery go? I hope well. That is the last time I was on here. /blushes
I think about getting over here, but life is on now! Getting to know my wife, kids, grandkids again lol.

To answer that question, I went cold turkey. Thought about that after the second post lol.

The header on that forum I created, the flames represent the burn associated with RSD. I also posted up some photos on the website. If you look in my sig on the forum you will find the link, or look in the links in the navigation bar.

Makes me wonder why this forum is sooo basic. Maybe I should start my own addiction forum. God knows we need the TLC. Really thinking about creating one for all the people that need the support. Will let everyone know if I do. I know I can put a link page on it with a lot more help than this forum, just not sure if I can get all the folks lol.

Anyways, it is great to see people changing their lives one day at a time. I guess at first it is minute by minute, but it does improve to day by day lol.

Allen
Helpful - 0
Wow good to see you! I had to come back, I remember those dark loooong nights. The freezing, then the sweating. The RLS! Man it was miserable, but it is very important to me that everyone hear it can be done, and life is soooo much better after.

Plus this place helped me through those terrible days. I will never do it again ever! lol I also remember how people disappear after either losing the pills, or falling back out of shame.

They have to know there is no shame in slipping. You just have to have a can do, I will beat it tude! We are tougher than we think, and smarter than those little pills or whatever it is being abused. Life is soooo much better. Thoughts are clearer than you can remember, feelings are so over powering. Food tastes great! In fact things never quite tasted this good ever!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.