Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 8 Starts

Last Saturday at this time I took my last two 7.5/500 hydrocodones and what a difference a week has made.  I felt like I was in hell from Sunday through Wednesday and then the sleeping problems would make me dread even trying to go to bed, but today (day 8) I feel pretty good, I got 5 hours of sleep last night and and hour and a half nap today, so I don't feel as tired, still pretty much fatigued.  I've only had two cravings today.  I am getting my appetite back and my head is pretty clear.  I haven't had any anxiety or panick attacks since Wednesday and I've felt pretty positive today.

To all who are working their way through this and have posted here your posts have helped me keep my mind occupied this week and your posts have helped me make it this far. Thanks. Hang in there everyone, we all seek freedom and with all the support here hopefully will find it.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Had to post this one, I just found out I'm going to be a grandfather again.  My son just called from Texas to tell us the news.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on being a grandpa!  Your latest post gave me even more hope, I'm scared to death but know it has to get better, even though there will bad days along with the good.  Thanks again...
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Terrific! I quit smoking 4 days ago. I am using nicorette gum. I am so proud of us.  Addictions are awful. Keep up the good work. My attitude is that I have no choice, I can not go back. No matter what. Now you'll be counting weeks. I imagine that your withdrawel is tougher than ciggarettes. I have cried when thinking of quitting smoking. Can you imagine. My daughter is a heroine addict in recovery. She started with vicodin and progressed. Congradulations on being a grandparent. Looks like you are going to have a wonderful year 2007.You said that you feel more positive today. When my daughter was using she had flat emotions, she wasn't really feeling anything,which led to depression. She couldn't feel happy and really did not care about anything. After she went through the physical withdrawel those flat feelings lasted for at least 3 months. She quit using in sept 2006. She is just now becoming her old self as far as feelings and emotions. I am telling you this so that if those kind of feelings come on for you,that you know they do pass. I was really worried that maybe she did permanent damage to herself. She also could not sleep for months on end. That too is gone. Thank God. Just be real patient with yourself. Be proud of your accomplishment every day.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the supporting words.  I am glad that I can feel the joy of knowing I'm going to have another grandchild without being in drugged out state.  I am gratful for another day being clean and will continue to work at staying this way.  I know when I start thinking I am over this, that is when I am setting myself for a fall.  I have to stay focused on recovery even more once the withdrawals are over and I am feeling totally normal again.  I hope this time I can actually remember to stay in recovery.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.