Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Unbelievable

I had no intention of posting again as I said before.However I have spent the past few days reading all of the posts and I can't believe what I am reading. Due to that, I felt that I had to return, if only for today and to comment. What was a forum meant to assist all who needed help and support,has turned into a series of dogfights. Attacking one another does no good to those who are here for assistance and are getting only a ringside seat at the fights. There are attempts to help from many, but that is being interrupted by silly arguments and innuendos. If this forum is to succeed in helping people to overcome their problems, it has to be 100 percent for that raeson and that reason only. When you subject a person who is hurting and attempting to get through day after day of intense pain, to the kind of chldishness that is happening here, you hinder their recovery. Looking for help and seeing the kind of nonsense only weakens their resolvebecause they will begin to think that this is normal while recovering and can set them bck instead of forward. SHAME ON YOu, whoever you are. All personal feelins should be set aside because they have no place here. Go back to what you joined this forum for and that is to get and give a hand to whoever needs it. Cntd....

11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So beautifully written. Such meaningfull points.

So not needed..... So no longer wanted...
Helpful - 0
There are only a few subjects that should be attended to here. Seeking advice, seeking help, giving advice and giving help as well as lifting the spirits of someone who is down and hurting. Nothing else is needed here except for maybe the odd short bio on how you are succeeding. I got through my withdrawal due to the assistance and direct answers to my questions. There are a great many here who are only too willing to lend a hand to anyone who wants it and that is good. If you feel that you are being put upon by someone who knows no beter, ignore them. Nothing hurts an instigator more than being ignored. Just remember, it takes two to make an argument. Ignoring the other person leaves them clapping with one hand, there is nothing to it. Having said thisI will take my leave to continue to read the posts and applauding those who use it in the fashion it was intended for. Keep the faith people.
PS. Whenever I say "Keep the faith" I mean keep on the path you have laid out and have faith in yourself. As long as you do you will continue to walk forward to your ultimate goal, and that is "SUCCESS."

Helpful - 0
What does that mean?  I see that you keep posting that to everyone.  But I don't understand why?  Could you explain.
Helpful - 0
It means enouh already. Eveyone just drop it and move on. Even the riteous here are going to contribute to the demise
Helpful - 0
Ah!  Gotcha, I'm so freakin slow tonight! WTF!
Helpful - 0
Wow, as a person who just found this place today, all I can say is there seems to be so much fighting that it seems a very unwelcoming place.

Are there no moderators here?

Thanks to the people who did respond to me, and I hope you all get the help you need.  
Helpful - 0
I have a question. I was taking oxycontin and oxycodone...I got off that **** cause I didn't like the stigma related to taking pain medications of that caliber... So, my doc put me on Ultram and all that did was make me dizzy, no warm fuzzy feeling...nothing. So, then my doc put me on Vicoden 10mg and still nothing no warm fuzzy feeling... What is going on? Can ultram make your receptors all messed up? I was off all narcotics a week before starting the ultram, which I did by tapering myself... Any hints...
Helpful - 0
No, we wing it all on our own!  Nice huh?  See how far that takes us!
Helpful - 0
I don't really know, but you are for sure in the right place, just not the right time.  If you check back in the morning, more people will be on and they can answer it better than I.  Glad your here, we are here to help if we can.  

* Don't forget to come back tomorrow *
Helpful - 0
There are mods here, and you will see posts begin to just disappear. POOF! Gone like the person just doesnt exist. For the life of me I dont know why it hasnt happened already.

Anyone remember mexicoman? That dude either A. Acted like he was dieing, or B. Died. The whole thing posted up on the forums. After it was over I do believe it was all staged, but during. Whew!

That was the most heart racing event I had in a long time! His posts vanished, then so did a bunch that were along the same lines as the ones you can read here now.

I will not soon forget that, but the childish sh!t going on here will be totally ignored hopefully by everyone, and deleted by the seemingly quite mods.

Who really cares what these people think???

I say get on with getting clean and sober! Make this a memory! Over 90 days cold turkey for me, and it is a wonderful life now!!

Allen
Helpful - 0
Did you get my stone.  It was on your last last post.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.