Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

SUNDAY MORNIN

alright everyone enough is enough. me and danthrop started all this taper versus c/t.we got over it,we kissed and made up.sara11 is allowed to state her opion on quiting just like me and you and everyone else here.compnerd your aloud to have your opion.theres know right way to quit.i believe what sara said about being in your head i really do.but dont bash her for that.enough said lets drop the issue and get back to the real reason were here addiction.i dont want anyone here to leave over this issue i got alot of support from these people.to many to list. i also know w/ds are real i went through them for 6 days i know those werent in my mind.now after w/ds the physical part that is, i agree with sara the rest is in your head i know this because i had to fight the thoughs of doing pills.i start day 18 c/t so i think i have a right to speak my mind.NOW LETS DROP THE C/T VERSUS TAPERING ISSUE. if you need support just yell hey bowhunter and im there.lets stop the fighting we got a war going on over in iraq and we dont need that one either.lets bring those boys and girls home now and stop the war[sounds like the 60s huh]    the bowhunter day 18 c/t and proud of it
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ive been vicadin es for 6 years from doc.i have to be honest. i abused them for high id take 8-12 a day when i had them but when i ran out 2 weeks before next scrip i didnt have w/ds off of them.them oxys i got off the street were the ones that send me into w/ds. and that fentanyl really put me into w/d,longer w/ds than the oxys. fentanyl scared me straight id didnt like those w/ds. so i believe sara when she said no w/ds off of vicadin and tink mine were real honest to god vics.not starting a fight with you tink just saying i didnt have w/ds from my vics.    the bowhunter day 18 c/t
Helpful - 0
I am starting day 6 from coming off percocets, got to say I feel better as the days go on but still am very weak, no motivation. Can anyone give me some feedback please?
Helpful - 0
it will all come back to you by day 14, i still dont sleep straight through the night thats my biggest thing but i get 6 hours im up in middle off night for alittle bit but go back to sleep.when i first went c/t i didnt sleep for over 72 hrs and thats no lie.i tried all gnc stuff suggested but they didnt work.i bought unisom but i never took it i didnt want to go from one pill to another.just hang on you start to get sleep.  the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
You are still pretty early to feel 100% better but trust me, you will feel better!  I was at day 7 before I was able to work, had a party for my daughter and I was exhausted at the end of it all!  At about two weeks out I was feeling much more energy and much more like self pre-drugs.  Give your body time to heal...we've been abusing them for so long, the brain and body needs to adjust to working without the opiates.  You are doing great and have made it 6 days, that is a wonderful thing!!! Just take it a day at a time!  You will get your life back and it can be so much sweeter without relying on drugs!  Keep faith in yourself!  If you can, get out and walk or just keep yourself busy...sitting around made me feel so much worse, not only physically but mentally!
Helpful - 0
Thank you Marce & Bowhunter, I needed that encouragement from people I've learned to trust. Your wrds have given me the hope I needed to hear today.
Thank you both
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
coming from the "outsider", i must say that i am appalled at what is going on here.  i used to come here seeking information "and comfort" in dealing with my sons and their addictions.  it seems that so many of the people who shared so much with me...reached out with open arms and hearts have either gone, been run off, or just refuse to post...don't know...but nonetheles, the tone here has definitely changed.  there are a few posters here that continually belittle and put others down...and no i do not mean sara...you guys should be ashamed of "that" treatment!...some of you should be eating crow this morning after reading posts from others stating that they too did not suffer withdrawals from vicodin...anyway, enough said on that subject.  with the way this forum has been going lately, i would not recommend it to anyone seeking support...sorry, but this is just how i feel
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
while i was writing my post above, several of you posted before me...NOW THIS IS PRODUCTIVE...GLAD TO SEE IT!
Helpful - 0
yes i did put my 2cent in yesterday, another one of those days i should of kept my mouth shut (i was overwhelmed and overtired) Lizzie Lou, you should know what i'm talking about, LOL anyways, we have newcomers here and we need to focus on helping them and eachother. today is a new day, lets make it a good one :)

love ya all,
tink
Helpful - 0
yes i did put my 2cent in yesterday, another one of those days i should of kept my mouth shut (i was overwhelmed and overtired) Lizzie Lou, you should know what i'm talking about, LOL anyways, we have newcomers here and we need to focus on helping them and eachother. today is a new day, lets make it a good one :)

love ya all,
tink
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
how well i remember (hehe)
Helpful - 0
How are you doing??  I miss seeing you here.  You had so many kind and thoughtful words for me last week when I was going through hell.  I wrote you a post, but, sometimes they get lost in the shuffle.  How are your sons doing??  I hope they are doing well.  I have decided to go from 3 to 1 pill cut in half for a few days and then down to none.  We need you here for your caring love and support... Luv, G
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
two out of three is not bad...my c/m son is back in jail...what a surprise...this is the one i just kicked out of my mom's house...i would give my life if he could find that demon and deal with it...he knows i'm here for him and that is the best that i can give at this point...it's kind of like i told him when he called from jail..."the helping hand you are looking for is at the end of your arm"...i can't "make" him clean and sober...he has to do that for himself...
so good to hear from you
Kim
Helpful - 0
Im sorry to hear about your son, but, I think you are doing the right thing.  You are not enableing him, you are helping him.  Thats a great place to clean up, sad to say and if he is ready I know they have NA classes in there.  I will pray for you, you have been through so much hell with this addiction thing.. Stay strong,,, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.