Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 7 and not sure what to do

Today is day 7 and I am feeling pretty darn good but not sure what to do here. I really hurt my back yesterday moving some stuff around in the basement (finally had some energy!) Well, I called the doc and he said I can't take any of the naproxen and that I can take a 5mg hydrocodone!! I am torn here. I really don't want to take it, I do not want to go through all of this again! I asked him if all my W/D's would start over and he said probably not but that is not very reassuring. Tried tylenol, that doesn't work :( What should I do??? Do you think I would go through the W/D again??? I just want to be able to move around today. It is just me and my 3 year old and I really want to take her outside, she has been cooped up with mommy for this whole thing. I just feel awful.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey- 5mg won't get you full blown w/d - rest easy.
But you can't let that be the start of taking more.
Take what you need for pain but no more.

And also, consider other methods for controlling pain.
Flexeril for example. TONS of other ways.

I don't recall whether you've told your doctor that you're an addict but I have to believe he wouldn't suggest 5mg of hydro if he knew!  Why not tell him "NO I AIN'T TAKING THAT GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE!!!"

Hang in there - I've been right here with you from the FIRST day you posted here, and you've been in my thoughts and heart ever since.  If I can help, IM me, I avoid the forum for obvious reasons! LOL  My screen name is the same as here.

Don't just take the hydro - but if you choose to, don't let it go further.
I don't think 5mg will get you ANY w/d symptoms but I could be wrong.

Peace ;-)
/D
Helpful - 0
How pregnant are you?  If it's your 2nd trimester, you should be ok.  But if it's addiction your worried about
(I take it you've been there before)then don't do it!  It's not worth it!  While one isn't going to put you into withdrawl, you are chancing "catching a buzz" and craving again.  If your really going to take it, try taking just 1/2 of it.
What is "day 7"? 7 days sober?  If that's the case, then I'd recomend not taking it! Try theragesic or icy hot.  They work really good for back pain.
Good luck.
Helpful - 0
That is what pgn means isn't it?  pregnant? If not, sorry, but my advice stays the same.  I have a 2 1/2 year old so I know how you feel.
Helpful - 0
Thank you, I told him that I am on day 7 and I only have 1 5mg left and that is why he said take that. I asked him about the flexiral's and he said that isn't on the approved list but it isn't as bad as the naproxen. I am going to try to stick it out and try a hot shower first since I can't even lay in a HOT bath!!! Pregnancy just stinks!!! Thanks for helping me out today! I still hope you come back and just ignore the other comments made by some others. Sooner or later they might just stop posting if no one responds to them. Take care and let me know where the new forum is, ***@****
Helpful - 0
Wow, a doctor who KNOWS you're addicted, telling you to take another one.
I am constantly amazed and disturbed by our medical profession.

Hot shower sounds good, and I agree with doing whatever you can to avoid taking that last one.  

I got your email and I'll be in touch.  
My only goal is to help people.
I just can't do it in such a vicious forum!
Attacks here have become more common that compassion!

Keep in touch - and good luck - you're stronger than most, you've proven that!
Hold strong Sister.
Peace
/D
Helpful - 0
Do not take that hydrocodone!!! I am 30 days clean today from a 7 year addiction to those and I am still having withdrawals like fatigue, insomnia and horrible bone and low back pain. I have about 90 lortab in my cabinet and it is very hard not to take them for the pain but every day for the last 30 days I have managed to stay away from them. I am using ibuprofen and rubbing mineral ice on my back and wrapping it with an ace bandage and lying on a heating pad every night.  It really helps. I also take HOT bath soaks. Hang in there and don't let what your doc says undo everything you have worked hard for. He isn't going to live your life for you after you swallow that pill!!!  Please don't do it!!!

Good luck and take care.
Helpful - 0
Hey girl.  I have been wondering how you are doing.  The thing is the doctor does not want you to go through bad w/ds, it can cause fetal distress.  I think you are doing great and I dont think its going to make you go into w/ds, thats just my opinion, I am not a doctor.  I do miss talking to you.  Keep the post coming,,, Huggs and Peace, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.