Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

PLEASE HELP!

OK, I NEED SOME KIND WORD OR SUPPORT, NOW, PLEASE! I reliazed about an hour ago that what I have left to taper with is exactly enough to get me high! UHHHH!  It's time for me to take my 2nd dose, but I haven't yet, b/c I'm scared to touch them, scared I'm going f*ck up (sorry for the language, but I'm freaking out right now!) The tapering is still leaving me with no energy and my back really hurts.  My house needs to be cleaned, and I'm so scared I'm going take them all.  How do I control this urge? Please help!
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
PLEASE guys!  I know I'm new here, but I really need some help!
Helpful - 0
Ok, do you have anyone a friend, neighbor that you can give them to so you dont take them all.  You are going to hurt when you taper but it was really hell for me c/t.  Maybe if you just keep in mind that when they are gone you are going to go through extreme hell if you dont take the right amount... Be strong, you can do this... Its just your body screaming for something it is used too.... We are here to help...Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
you can do this, and it will be the HARDEST thing to do, but it can be done. i know how you feel when you try and taper, then think f*ck it, why not just down what i have left and enjoy them? been there to many times to count. but if you givr in to that temptation, you will regret it later when you REALLY need them. we are all for you and to give you support. i have to do somethings w/ the kids gor a bit, but will check back in on you in a little while

just remember to take "BABY STEPS"

tink
Helpful - 0
chill slow down.you dont gotta anything thats the first thing.do little things something that dont take much though then take abreak.just occupy your head with something ealse when thought of pill comes into your head.thats when you do something small like load the dishwasher take a break for awhile   the bow hunter
Helpful - 0
I really have no one to give them to to hold.  I'm not close with my neighbors.  I'm the youngest homeowner on the street! I know c/t sucks, I've done it too.  It's so dumb to say, but I feel like, "One last high", ya know?  And then just replace them tomorrow. I know it's not going to be easy for me.  I'm only on day 2.  But that's what usually happens to me.  I'll taper for a day or 2 and then screw up.  I keep expeting some miracle to help me, but I KNOW I have to be the one to be strong enough to do it myself.
How do I get over my mood swings?  I've been so mean to son all day, and I feel so bad, but I just want to be ALONE right now!
Helpful - 0
I agree with the others..stay here andpost if it helps! You need to be strong and put the pills away and watch TV or cook something, or call someone!  Stay here, there are people that are here to talk to you!  You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for...just hang in. Do you have a taper schedule?  There are people here that can help you with that!
Helpful - 0
If you failed before then you can do it this time.  It just depends on if your ready.  The mood swings are the worst.  I remember being so nasty to my kids for no reason.  Eventually your going to have to go through this.  If you have insurance maybe think about getting on suboxone, we have many members on that and it seems to help the w/ds.  Just try to relax, stay on here to get your mind off and like Marcie said, watch tv, cook if you can.. Just remember we are here, either way you decide, we are here.. Hugggs, g
Helpful - 0
One last high sucks. You know that by now you don't get high anyways. My mantra lately has been "drop the rope" meaning that you can't get into a tug-of-war with only one person playing. Right now u are in one with urself which is trickier. If u don't pull, it can't pull back. Over-simplistic new age ****, but it's worked for me all weekend. I hope u can resist chasing a high that will never equal the 1st. Just breathe. Put it away for tonite. revisit in the morning. try to sleep. do anything but. hang in there, you really can do it. Drop the rope.

Manonfire
Helpful - 0
You need to tell yourself that you are stronger than the urges - you are and have always been stronger than what got you hooked and you are stronger than the urges that are tempting you.  

Take it a minute at a time.  You CAN do this.  

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.