Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

SEE? SEE? you should all be proud of me right about now...

Yup...you should all be veeeeeery proud of me that I let that post from nutmeg go...and I gotta tell ya its not easy, since he/she made reference to my son.
BUT I'm behaving.....
DEEP BREATHS............behaving......behaving..........
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
LOL
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
OMG I just had the same thing happen to me the other night, only i was making spaghetti and when I went to add the garlic half a bottle ended up in the pan. What a mess. I was so mad at my finace so I just scraped what i could off the top and threw it away and made him eat the first serving off of the top.
Helpful - 0
:) glad I could cheer you up.
Helpful - 0
Thank you tink. If you havent been able to figure out already, its hard for me to bite my lip, PERIOD..whether my child is involved or not...lol
And I don't know who that nutmeg is to be so mad at me anyway. I went through a gazillion posts, almost all of them and I never ONCE saw a post from or to nutmeg000 until today.
He acted like he knows all of you and has conversed with you all but, in reality...and I could be wrong....do you know a nutmeg000?
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
thats a good story and cheered me up, Ive gotta try and get some sleep going to work tomorrow,Hope and prayers to all. Clay TX
Helpful - 0
Actually, I have a funny story about potato salad....
It was christmas eve, last year...and my mom also makes a huge batch of her famous potato salad. Well, this year, she thought she'd show my oldest daughter how to make it. So, she mixes up everything, and adds the mayo, a little mustard, and stirs it all in.
NOW, my mom goes to add her 'secret ingredient' of celery salt...JUST A SMIDGE, mind you.
She is talking to my daughter this whole time, taking her step by step of the salad..then as she has the celery salt in her hand she tells my daughter, "Now, for the finishing touch, we add a dash of celery saaaaaaaaaaaaaaal------" as the cap popped off the salt and the whole container of salt dumped into the bowl, I thought I was going to go into a seizure trying NOT to laugh..lol...AND I also started to immediately pray for my dad's life to be spared from this now deranged version of Martha Stewart(mom)who looked at my father with a murderous look like none I've ever seen in ANY friday the 13th movie. LOL
You see, my dad also likes celery salt on his hot dogs..and he NEVER puts the cap back on....So mom KNEW who the guilty culprit was.
SO, needless to say, my mom is never one to waste food, and since she couldn't very well serve it to all the family and guests that were coming to christmas eve dinner, my dad basically ate that potato salad until New Years'......
I'd like to say that my dad learned his lesson and started making sure the cap was back on the salt after he used it, but, there was recently a similar incident at my parents house involving the pepper, and it wasn't pretty.......
Helpful - 0
please read my response in the post 1 down as it applys to you.

and yes i am proud of you, i know how hard it is to bite your lip when your child becomes involved.

luv ya,
tink
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
Hows it going, had some probs at the BBQ, I made a huge batch of my famous potato salad(took about two hours) and this was my first family invite to brothers house in a long time,Well we get there and my sister and bro-in-law are there. My wife freeks out and starts crying.they hate each other,My messed up mind tells me that since ive been clean for 13 days all the other problems will go away. I guess its a big test of my recovery,since ive havnt been clean since 2003 when i did a year in county. LOng story short we ended going to a friends restraunt for mex food. day 14 ahead, hope your hangin in ,couldnt stay away marce,addicted,Hope and prayers to all Clay TX I think i found a sponsor in n/a.  
Helpful - 0
Good for you Jenny, Don't let them get to you
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.