Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Its been an awful 28 hours...

Well I didn't quit today like planned...after five weeks of tapering successfully... i broke two of my toes last night... only me... i can't believe I did this...I am so upset...in pain..i was stupid. only i would kick a car in flip flops.. I was angry that someone was ruining my hubby's great night he had..and i was putting up a fight to support him.. the three beers i had after not drinking really for 3 weeks didn't help either..
what am i gonna do????
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
I came on after not wanting to come back... and now no one is here...
Helpful - 0
I'm here, just not saying much anymore, its kinda getting weird for me, so I'm laying low.  Did you see my kiddos pics on myspace?
Helpful - 0
Hi Fladdict, Sorry to hear your night was spoiled. I hope you can get back on track soon. Ouch it does hurt when you kick your toe espectially if you hurt two at once. Hope you can get back on track soon.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thanks ladies for responding... I am kinda freaked out.. i spent so much time planning and tapering to stop today.. and now I am in pain and need em.. sucks.. this is a major set back.. I had tapered to 5mgs a day.. today i took 20mgs.. i just wonder how far this is gonna set me back.. can i start back at a 10mgs/day taper in a few days when my toes aren't so swollen and painful.. or can i start back at 5mgs/day for a few days and then stop??? How will it affect my withdrawl.. i am in no position with my job to be too sick... in fact in order to keep my job I am gonna have to do hair with two broken toes this week... how long does toes take to heal???

rebecca I couldn't find your myspace address.. whats your name on there??? or send me the link.. i would love to see them..
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm here but that's about it. Breaking a toe doesn't sound bad but it can hurt real bad. Don't let one night get you down. No matter how many times we try and don't make it, there will be one that we try and do make it.
I checked out myspace and it was terrific!

I'm not too sure about what's going on with the board. I guess it's just a wait and see type thing.

I'm behind you pushing gently so don't dwell on the time you didn't make it. You will come out a winner.

Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
Fla, just wanted to say that it suck about your toes.  Its ok, just get back on track asap.. And Rebecca, I missed both of you girls today.  Its been lonely without you guys.. Maybe you wil be around more tomorrow..Talk to you later, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Hi, I wanted to go away today, because it was to stressful for me last night.  I have a weak stomach, and get stressed out too easily.  We shall see how things go tomorrow.  

( but I did miss you guys too!)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Your kids are adorable... we spent the afternoon with my step daughter.. she danced her lil booty off at the show last night.. so hard she fell asleep despite all the noise.. she is almost 3. we let her make video's with our MAC laptop we just got ( it has a built in camera) she did her ABC's and did all her colors in Spanish.. she is so smart..we sent the video;s to her aunt and grampa.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks hun.. yeah the board is kinda nuts.. i stayed away today just to get a breather..i guess i am just upset because I was kickin As* with this taper.. even through brochitis and a root canal i tapered.. now the pain in my foot is awful.. I had a friend who is an er nurse look at it... i know there is little you can do for broken toes so I didn't even bother going to the ER last night..

you checked out my myspace??? thanks... I  like knowing people care enough to find out more about me..

hope you are having a good night... you are up late like me.. when is your next cut??? are you gonna do the lollipop thing after??
Helpful - 0
check ypur e-mail!!

the rock!! I'm gone for the night talk tomorrow.
Helpful - 0
I saw your myspace too!  NICE!  I saw that your a make up artist.. Me too, and a hair stylist!   Well, not now, I've taken time off to raise my kids at home, so I've been out of the seen for 4 years.  I went to a class in New York though, last year at the Bumble and Bumble salon, and learned the straight razor!!!   Now, thats all I do for my friends!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I have been doing hair and make up for almost 7 years..I love it.. I go to the Redken Exchange for classes every year and we bring in educators from there every quarter.. My client count numbers have been down so they are waching me like a hawk. i at one time did 125 guests a month and it has gone down over the past year to 85ish. i had a price increase about 15 months ago.. and took alot of time off for all the mouth surgeries I have had so i lost some people.. its getting bette though.. the good thing about an increase in price and commision is that even when you lose some people you don't lose money..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
maybe I will research what one has to do to start a private group on myspace for some of us.. we would have access to each others profiles.. only people we invited would be able to join which is good for confidentiality.. what do you think ladies??
Helpful - 0
I LOVE IT!  save my myspace, in case they remove this, and COUNT ME IN!!
Helpful - 0
you can go to the groups section, and create one, but don't make it public!  
Helpful - 0
Fladdict, I hope you saw all the posts of support for you way down below.

I agree that the board has been somewhat strange the last few days, but I will be very sorry to see many of you starting up another forum on myspace or whereever (I have also checked out all the sites - it is great to see what everyone looks like and they are great sites), but I am too much of a computer-illiterate to establish a page on myspace and I would be very sorry if everyone abandons this forum, many of us still need the support, even though we have been here for several weeks/months.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
That sucks that your night turned out like that.  I'm not gonna dwell on the taper...you know that you just need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going!  It was just a slight setback...right!!!!???

Like Minnie, I enjoy looking at everyone's myspace page but have no clue how to do this...my son has one also...Please give me your address so I can check yours out as well. I saw Tinks and I would love to see more. Nice to put a face behind the people we speak to daily!

Take care of those toes!!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.