Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hey everyone ... just wanted to let you all know I'm back and will be here all week - mostly during work hours.

For those who don't know my story, I quit morphine (350 mg/day) 3 weeks ago today and it has been he11 in so many ways. The 1st week was just an absolute nightmare, but the ppl at this forum supported / helped me get through it. Week 2 was no picnic - especially the insomnia and RLS, but this past week was SOOOO much better. The physical symptoms are fading, even the insomnia! I have had a full night's sleep for 3 straight nights!

Through it all, the ppl of this forum have helped me in my healing. The stories, encouragement and support of others, struggles, failures, and everything in between. It has ALL helped me to heal.

I have learned:
- to never let my guard down, for I know I can never take another pill (administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance)
- if we look for it, there is a positive take-home message in everything we experience!

Scott - free and healing for almost 3 full weeks

(great to hear from you all - I know we can beat this thing together!)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
glad you are doing great ! thats awesome.
how long before your stomach got to normal? did you have these unreal headaches? if so how long did it take to go away? sorry i have too many questions and am sititng here freaking out atm .
  your post is inspiring though !  
                        M
Helpful - 0
The stomach pain started around day 3 (it may have been there from the beginning but those 1st few days are blurry) and it didn't get much better until at least day 14. It's still a little bit upset, but not bad and certainly manageable.

I have NEVER had headaches in the past, but I get them every day now (started around day 4 I think). Sometimes they're pretty bad and sometimes mild. I try to wait a few hours before taking anything (aceto or aspirin) and lately they will go away on their own, like this morning. I honestly don't know how long they will last, but lately I've just been getting headaches when I wake up (probably I've started grinding my teeth again which stinks).

Good luck and remember that you are healing every day that you don't take a pill!
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
Im real glad to read your post,Im on day 14 today and find my self a little restless, but knowing your a week ahead of me helps to know things are gonna get better everyday! I had a dream last night I was eating them again and it was horrible, when i woke up I was truly glad to be clean.hope and prayers for all Clay TX
Helpful - 0
Hey, I'm so glad you're back...good to see some postivie news....You should be so proud of yourself...It's good to look in the mirror again and see who you really are! Lots of new people here who need to hear your success story...I know it's not over but what a great start you have made!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Ditto! A whole month! Wow!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.