Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hey all, need some advice!

Im still tappering. This morning I only took 1/2 a pill and havn't taken anything else yet. I wen't on a job interview this morning and they need me to do a drug screening. Larry Roesch Chrysler Plymouth, typical dealership, new hire screening. Anyone know if I will pass. I hope so. I don't take any other drugs besides hydrocodone. Was taking 5 a day 10mgs now have it down to 3. Please let me know, thanks - kally.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Do you have a prescription for them.. is so even if you fail.. shouldn't be a problem..
Helpful - 0
with drug screens, if it precription medication, they most likely will look at your levels of hydrocodone, not that it showed up.  People have things like this hidden in there cabinet, or get one from a family member every now and then, so its not that big of a deal.  Now, when I got tested, my levels where through the roof!(20,000)  So they had every right to freak out! Precription or not, they didn't hire me.
Helpful - 0
It will come back positive, If you took a pill this morning. Drug screens will pick up a miniscule amount (A poppy seed bagel can cause a positive result)Word of advice, (If your prescription is legit). Go to them, and tell them your drug test is going to come back dirty, before they have to ask you if you do drugs. If they even do. Its easier just to not call back applicants with potential drug addictions.
Helpful - 0
I am so scared that I won't get this job. I have a script but it's from an online pharmacy with a quantity of 120. Ive read a little on drug testing and some sites say it isn't tested for in the normal screening but some companies do extended drug testing. With Taking 3 a day 10mg's how high will my test results be. This is my 1st drug test so I really have no idea. Thanks for all the help.
Helpful - 0
Im taking the test tomorrow morning.
Helpful - 0
The most common drug test is a 5 panel test. It tests for Amphetamines, Cannibis, Cocaine, Opiates, and one other (I cant remmber the name, its PCP though). Your options as I see it. Start drinking LOTS of water, get peeing, and play dumb. Or bring your prescription with you. Even if it is from an online pharmacy, they must have sent it in a bottle, looking at least halfway legal. I cant believe they would send it in a plastic baggie. tell them this is the prescription your Dr gave you, and thats all the information that you have. There must be legalities about what information they can and cant ask for.

Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
Take Zydot, it makes your urine clean if you are worried. I used this (it is a drink) and had done cocaine, maryj, and had quite a few drinks the night before and I passed. Not to mention my husband was on paper for about a year and a half and he took this every time before he went to see his PO and he always passed. He is a big maryj user. Me, hate it! Good luck
Helpful - 0
JRG
Just tell them that you are prescribed hydrocodone for a chronic condition. I have done this before and they have never asked for the prescription bottle. Like someone said before they will be testing levels and as long as you are in the levels you told them you should be okay.
Jackie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.