Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

??? question about benzos ???

My doctor gave me clonapin.  I have taken zanex before, and it knoked me out!  But I have taken Ativan and Valium before with not too much trouble.  How strong is a 0.5 ?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
190466 tn?1215884854
Not sure about clonipin? but my dr had me on librium, think its in the same class,some people told me to stay away from it , but my dr put me on fast taper 1,2,3,days 100 mg 4 times a day, it knocked me OUT. 4,5 day only twice, and 6 day only once. I didnt feel any w/ds from it.hope that helped a little. Clay TX
Helpful - 0
I have read where ppl switched from Xanax to Klonopin, using the same dose for both. Basically, I know zip about benzos ... sorry.
Helpful - 0
I've been taking .5 mg klonopin with my tapering.  For me, they work to take off the edge and help me sleep. (I get really agressive when I'm weaning myself down) I think they've been helping with some of my wd symptoms too. But you have to be careful, because if your still taking any type of painkiller, mixing a benzo with it can bring your respiration down to dangerous levels.  
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
hi.prof heather ashton the leading authority on benzo dtox has developed a benzo equivalency chart.she equates .5 mg klonipin with 10mgs of valium.every1 is different so this is only a rough guide.good luck
Helpful - 0
Klonopin is very addictive from what I read here and from what people tell me.  I'm trying to get off it now, unsuccessfully maybe.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
librium is a very old benzo. It comes in 10mg and 25mg. It's used to treat w/d from several things including alcohol, other benzos, and opiates.

I have taken 1mg xanax for 12 years. It helps and there is no plans of taking me off of them. In a consult with three drs. it was determined that I need it.

LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Librium has been used for years during w/d from alcohol, other benzos, and opiates. It comes in 10mgs and 25mgs. I have taken 1mg xanax for years. After a dr. consult of three drs, it was decided I needed it.

LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
forgive double post. I knew I would mess something up to get everyone mad
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.