Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ultram or tramodol withdraw

I am looking for help withdrawing from ultram. Any suggestions?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im on 13 days ct. Trying to get a little input on an idea of when ill actually start getting some energy back. Anyone have an idea or anything! I keep thinking tomorrow is gonna be a better day and make plans. Then when that day comes I still feel like crap! I feel like im missing out on the kids lives and I just have to get feeling better! I swear if I see my doc walking down the street somewhere im gonna mug his *** for lying to me about tramodol! Just need some words of encouragement I guess!
Helpful - 0
thank you to everyone who made comments to me. I was taking 6 a day and have tapered down to 3. Trying to go slow. Thanks for the suggestion for the thomas recipe. I will look it up. Once I'm clean of ultram I'm going to try to get clean of diet pills. Very addicting also. I order them off the internet and they are very expensive. But one thing at a time. thanks again  joanne
Helpful - 0
I am trying to taper from tramadol too - I used to take 12 a day, and now most days I take 6 (well - almost most days), it is very difficult to get off - just as addicting as other opiates, but I won't give up the fight.
How many are you taking?
Minnie
Helpful - 0
You may want to talk to a doctor about coming off of ultrams. I have read many times that depending on the amount and mgs. you are taking, stopping c/t can cause seizures.
So, better to check with an MD on this one.
Helpful - 0
Hi Josey and welcome to the forum. I don't know much about ultram but there are a few here that are trying to quit that nasty drug. I know that some docs say it is not addicting but from what I have heard here, that is not at all true!  I hear the w/d are the same as any other opiate!  You've come to the right place to help you through this.  Whether you decide to taper or go c/t many people have done it both ways so you have options. Just ask questions, and someone will be there to help you  or if you just need to vent or need words of encouragement, one of the members will be there to offer this.

You have taken a big step by coming here and looking foe help. I hope we can give you what you need.
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
It is the same as any pain pill!  Just browse through all of these wonderful posts, and you will get lots of ideas!  First week is hell, but after that (i've heard-only starting out my self)it gets way better!  Hot baths, tylenol pm if you can't sleep, and imoduim.  if you do a search for the Thomas Recipe in the upper search box, it gives you ideas that many people swear by!  So happy you are here, keep reading and posting, you will love it!  We are a huge family!

How much are you taking and for how long?

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.