Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I MADE IT!!

I'M BACK AND I'M ALIVE!!!  23 days SOBER-no more pills!  I just wanted to share with everyone-I had to go to detox and rehab-I am in a good place now-and I thank all of you-for those of you who are trying-STAY WITH IT-If I can do it you can!  I'm a former 65 hydros 10/325 a DAY user!  You can do it!  I'm free-so happy to be set free-thank you all!!!  
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good morning all-  =)
Ok, I am feeling NORMAL-Truly, I am.  Every now and then I will "break a cold sweat", which only lasts 5 minutes at most-then just goes away-not sure what that is-and I am still gaining energy.  But when I only have it to compare to taking so many pills-I feel BETTER THAN NORMAL-NewYorkChick-I was where you were-I was the one posting on here-I envied all those that posted like I just did-I wanted so bad to not take pills-You remind me of ME!  You can do this!  I had to get help though-I was too far gone to do it alone-rehab was GREAT-AFTER the first 2 days in detox-they gave me phenobarbitol (sp?) before Suboxone-but I had to ride out the first 12 hrs on my own-so not too bad, but I was in full withdrawals-very uncomfy for only a SHORT while-I am being weened off Suboxone now-only 6 mg a day!  I finally love myself again (of course, mentally speaking)-and can enjoy a whole new days routine without worry-or being sick-that is freedom folks!  =)
Helpful - 0
Congrats loveisamom. So happy to hear you are free and enjoying life. I am approx day 13 no valium and am feeling as if this will never end. Stories like yours give me hope. Thanks for sharing.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
SOOOOOO PROUD... and its so glad to hear from you... its been awhile... thats awesome..so happy it worked out..

Stephanie
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!! It's great to hear that it IS possbile to quit... I feel like it's hopeless seomtimes, that I'm just gonna be an addict forever : ( So how do you feel?  Are you still drained? Do you feel "normal"  I say normal, because that's what I always think; that I just want to be "normal"; to wake up and go throughout my day without thinking about pills, like a NORMAL person!
Helpful - 0
hey thats awesome ! glad you feel great
mind if i ask . has your sleep been getting any better?

keep up the good work ~!
                            Mike
Helpful - 0
Wow, good for you. That is very inspirational.  Do you have your enenrgy back??  I think that wonderful.  How was your stay at rehab??  Was it nice to work on yourself???  Good for you, Keep the posts up, I would like to hear your progress. Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Congrats! So happy for you, Thanks for being such an inspiration. Im such a baby. Used to take 5 a day now down to 2 a day and im complaining. Blah! Hope I can be as strong...Take care.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.