Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Good Am All...It's supposed to be 76 degrees today!

Wow, it is like early summer today....freezing last week...good ole PA!!! Never know what to expect!  More drama again...just caught up on the posts!  I agree that we need to learn tolerance!  I am the worst offender and I've have learned from my mitakes. Everyone has different perception of a situation and we just have to learn to agree to disagree!  The fighting will never stop if we don't! The one thing! The one thing most impt. is "Hitting below the belt", like attacking someones' family member  is NEVER justified and is cruel and hurtful!  We are getting to focused on what who said to who! I am seeing so many cries for help that I don't even know where to begin! We are all better than this! I am week 5 of c/t from 10-15 10mg norco daily. I got to this point thanks to the caring of my family but also in large part to the caring people of this forum....we need to be here to help everyone those who need the help, information, encouragement and advise.  We are all adults and (I was also guilty of this!) and if we choose to leave the forum, it should not be because someone said something that we didn't like!  We are stronger and more compassionate than this. Let's not be selfish and throw temper tantrums and walk away from others...Stick it out and let's help people!  

Manonfire, I don't know how to cut and paste old posts...could you repost the verse about Rage....I think that is one of the most isnpirirng things I have read so far!

Peace and have a great day.
Marcie
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
AMEN!  very well put. ........cin
Helpful - 0
I so agree with you :0). You have done so great and I wanted to say I am inspired by you. Congrats to your recovery. This is a ghastly addiction and how I wish I could turn back the clock. I wonder if my life will ever be the same?? I am trying to take it one day at a time and it is not easy. I miss the comfort the pills gave me and the escape. I have so many issues going on right now and it is hard, hard to do this. I try not to look forward because it is hard to imagine not having my pills. This board opened my eyes a month ago and lead me to decide to quit. The money and the anxiety of getting pills was getting just too much. I am now down to 5 mgs a day of vics and pray I can say goodbye to these in two days.
Peaceful wishes,
M
Helpful - 0
I totally agree with you, we need to focus on helping each other and try to ignore unkind posts, everyone joining this forum is in some kind of pain.
You truly are an inspiration, and I hope to be where you are in the not too distant future. Tapering is not going as well as planned for the time being as I have started the process of more extensive dental work (you would think I was 78 and not 48 with all the dental work I need ;-) ), and initially everything went according to plan, but in the past few days I have had a severe toothache, and I fear that I am getting yet another infection. I just can't cope with pain, worry AND quitting (even if I know that I am just prolonging what I have to do eventually). I'm feeling very down and worried. I am still determined to fight this thing, and I have taken some days off in two weeks to try going c/t, did you use the remedies on the Thomas recipe, or didn't you take anything to help you through w/d?
Thanks for you support and for taking the time to post even though you have now made it for more than a month!
Minnie

Helpful - 0
Good Morning Marcie, I'm at 10 days now C/T and doing pretty good.  I think alot of people who post the strange posts when they first show up just don't know how to say they want help, they are still in the addiction and know something is terribly wrong but don't know how to say they are trouble.  Things that I have found are dangerous to recovery from any addiction are being judgmental, holding resentments, and ego, these things can put me as a recovering addict in a bad state of mind which can make be succeptable to the the addiction.  I have to relearn to deal with emotions without the influence of drugs in my system and to deal with the consequences of my actions on myself and others.
Helpful - 0
Hi ladies!  I'm so glad you guys are still here too. You've both been here quite awhile...I guess we have all found something really special here!

Mariyah, look how far you have come...I think the same thing got to me too.  The expense and worry about getting more pills was more than I could take...Keep it up...you are doing so great!!!! I know you are well on you way to beating this...we all still have work to do...I think it is a neverending battle but we can win.

Minnie, tooth pain is the worst!!! You have a lot of adversity but your head is in the right place...everyone does say that we need to do what works for us and just take in all the information we can and pick and choose from that.  I know Tink and FLaddict have really struggled with the whole tooth pain...it is tough but they are strong like you and will make it too!  Keep faith in yourself!

Peace....and now I'm on my way to the mall to shop!!!! What a great way to keep my mind off those little devils!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I second this motion

In all honesty I give to shits to look back and read about it all...Its none of my business....I wont form lines betweeen people...and I wont judge...Just move passed it and not add to it...is my motto...

Love yas..
Helpful - 0
yeah they are forcasting 76 today here in pennsy .
Im worried . im not feeling too bad, im waiting for the hammer to fall again
doesnt matter. i love being outside again . looking out the window right now.. its giving me motivation to get out!!
Helpful - 0
So sorry about your tooth pain and I for one can't bear to be in pain. I have a low tolerance to pain and a high tolerance to pain meds. If you need to take your pills for pain then just take as directed. You should not have to suffer and you can get on the right track when this pain is over. The important thing is not to take more pain med than you need. It took me over a month reading the posts to finally open my eyes and see what I have done to myself. My first c/t was one month ago and I could not deal with it. I unfortunatly gave in and started all over again, only to be back in the same leaky boat. I still read the posts even when I was abusing and I felt so guilty yet inspired. There is life after addiction, I just know there is. You are such a sweet person and I have read many of your posts. I believe you are in the Netherlands? Please let me know how you are doing and I will share anything I can with you. We will beat this addiction, I just know we will.
Warmest wishes,
M
Helpful - 0
Hey girl, great post, Wow you in PA with 76, Im in Vegas with 81 today.  It is beautful, but not a good sign so soon.  Our summers here are in the hundreds.  But, I know you guys have had a hell of a winter.  How was your Birthday and Anniversary???  I hope you get a chance to get out of the house today and enjoy... Have a great one,, Huggs, g
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.