Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anyone have similar experience?

23 days without drugs, preferably percocet, I feel like crying, my heart is pounding...anyone?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm on day 23 w/o morphine and still have physical symptoms, including heart palps. I really think all of my symptoms are improving, but it's been really slow. The good news - my emotions seem to be in check at the moment.

Isn't it awesome to be almost a month out? I know I'm excited (had no idea how bad w/d would be).
Helpful - 0
Yeah it is awesome to be so far!  Can't go back now!  
Helpful - 0
Remember we didn't change our body chemicals overnight, and it takes time for them to level back out.

What you are experiencing is normal.  It should steady improve, but you will have good days, and not so good.
Even good hours, then not so good.  Its all part of the proccess.

The emotions thing.  I think at times I still have problems with this after 10 months clean.  Nothing that bad, but I do notice at times.

My opinon is also that I used for so long that my brain is still "re-learning" how to deal with everything normal again.  Read up on PAWS (Post Acute Withdraw Syndrom)  A simple search on google will get you the info you need.

Hang in there, your doing great!
Helpful - 0
I checked out the PAWs information.  Very, very interesting. Thanks!
Helpful - 0
That is excellent you guys are awesome, you both should be very proud of yourselfs.  And Scott I have been reading your post, you did it just in time.  If your going to have a new little one and twins running around your going to need all the natural energy and money you can.  You got your hands ful hon,  I am so very jealous that I am not clean yet, but, I will get there.  That paws stuff is true I was clean for 60 days and I went back.. I wish I could just push rewind, lol.  But, I also did not have the support of this site.  This is the best thing I have found so far... Keep up the good work guys,,, Peace and Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.