Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sleep Driving

Anyone else ever had this happen to them?  I was reading CNN and came across this article.  I used to get a script of ambien 20mg/at night to sleep.  My girlfriend at the time used to tell me about lots of conversations I had with her when that stuff kicked in. (Not to mention the conversations I had with her that she didn't tell me! lol)

"Sleep aids" are crazy addicting. I know they have a good use, but wow - seems everyone I talk to in on them now.  I feel very blessed to not have to take anything anymore.

Just a topic of conversation for you all.  I'm curious what everyone elses experience with them are.  Check out the article here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/03/14/sleep.drug.warning.ap/index.html
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I took some sleep aids through my widthdrawel also.
I was in never - never land and knew this could be trouble also.  Thank goodness that sleeping has never been my major problem when quiting.  My widthdrawels are more fatigue and anxiety.  Another good post to remind all of us how dangerous any type of drug can be.
Helpful - 0
I've never taken sleep aide in my withdrawal stages.....I watched my mother and sister get addicted to Immovane....sounds like the same or simlar exerpeicnes though...My sister would fight the sleeping pill nad she would be all weird adn stuff, and she addmitted she never did remember any thing she or anyone else said....its a burtal side affect......I watched her try to get in her car because she was hungry. Scary **** for me...so I just smoke pot instead lol
Helpful - 0
I used to take ambien and then one night I had a few drinks and then foolishly took an ambien. OMG.....I guess I started cooking a full meal and was dropping stuff all over the place. My husband noticed and took me off to bed. I remember nothing about it. Senator Kennedy son Patrick took them after alchohol and was driving to work at 2:00 in the morning before he was stopped. It is very scary and I have not taken them again.
Helpful - 0
Yeah. I took those for 2 nights for sleep during w/d . did nothing at all.
but my wife took one , becaue i was being "flipper" ,, RLS . anxiety..etc. this was when i still tried sleeping in bed. drove her nuts for 4 nights.
I've since moved to the couch when i cant sleep (like every night mostly)
she slept 7 hours and said she didnt remember driving to work really,said it was a complete fog for 40 minutes of the drive
these where the ambienCR .. time released ones

They made my stomach go NUTS BTW .. bad enough i had the usual symptoms . didnt need that to help hurt me.

Hey i read that your intestines are where the opiate recepters are . is that true
maybe why we have the severe stomach problems .

I know nicotine receptors are in your brain .
has anypone that has kicked "habit" also quit smoking,. and what was worse?
Helpful - 0
Hey, I quit smoking and morphine at the same time, so I honestly don't know which is worse. My opinion is that opiate w/d are worse (much much worse) but nicotine craves are worse.
Helpful - 0
Hey Scott,
Grats on 22 days ..  12 here and when  people say 22 days it gives me strength.
Stay Strong Friend
Man i'd love to quit smoking, I'f I get thoguh this I may give it a shot.
    Mike
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.