Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydrocodone, trying to kick it.

Greetings

I have been telling myself more times than I can count to finally stop taking Lortab/vicodin/lorcet etc and am on my first day being clean.  I have been trying to read up some more and came across these forums. I have been taking an average of 20-40mg of hydrocodone per day for a year and 4 months.  I know this doesnt seem like alot to people who kick 200mg a day habits,  but to what I am going through it feels the same.  I am trying to find anything over the counter to help with the withdrawal symptoms.   My last question for the time being is,  I am wondering how bad is this going to get with the lower amounts I have been doing.  How long is this feeling of death going to last?

Thanks for your help.
J
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
900459 tn?1304993259
i am now on day 18 clean of taking from 10-15 percs a day and there is nothing over the counter that is going to make the withdrawals go away the thomas recipe is good especially if u can get a few of the benzos for the first few days for the anxiety you will go thru but the best thing i do is take an assortment of vitamins a very good multivitamin being the most importanrt and drink a lot of gatorade
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I am currently kicking Norco 10/325 where i have benn taking 16 pills a days (8) at a time.  and I am scared of what I am fixing to go through c/y HELP
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm not sure what your symptoms are at this point, but I do know they go away. It seems like forever when you're going through it. I tapered slowly. Sometimes I even shaved pills. I'm not sure what method you're using. C/t or taper, but they both work....depending on the person.

There's plenty of support here. You're body is very unhappy because it misses the opiates. I think you will do well.

Take Care and Keep Posting.....LS
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
the drug is supposed to leave your system around 72 hrs.you will probably feel some w/d symptoms.i wouldn't think too bad.check some of the older posts for otc meds[comfort meds].30 hrs c/t for me.lots of fluids gatoraid helps flush out the poison.good luck.Bruce
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
the drug is supposed to leave your system around 72 hrs.you will probably feel some w/d symptoms.i wouldn't think too bad.check some of the older posts for otc meds[comfort meds].30 hrs c/t for me.lots of fluids gatorade   helps flush out the poison.good luck.Bruce
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
the drug is supposed to leave your system around 72 hrs.you will probably feel some w/d symptoms.i wouldn't think too bad.check some of the older posts for otc meds[comfort meds].30 hrs c/t for me.lots of fluids gatorade   helps flush out the poison.good luck.Bruce
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Your addiction is as important as any one's here. I have known people that have gone c/t and some that have tapered. I tapered and I did it very slowly. I even shaved the pills on some days. Opiates are hard to w/d from but you will get plenty of support here.

I'm trying to get rid of fentanyl pain patches now. I'm not sure what your symptoms are at this point, but they will get better. You took them for quite some time and your body is used to them. Things will get better.

Take Care and keep posting....LS
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
in my experience its not neccesarily 'how much' that will determine the intensity of wds.i hav found 'how long' is more of a defining factor wen trying to forecast wd ferocity.if sum1 took 5mgs per day ova 10 years those wds would b exponentially harder than sum1 taking 1000mgs per day ova a few months.
regards J
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
in my experience its not neccesarily 'how much' that will determine the intensity of wds.i hav found 'how long' is more of a defining factor wen trying to forecast wd ferocity.if sum1 took 5mgs per day ova 10 years those wds would b exponentially harder than sum1 taking 1000mgs per day ova a few months.
regards J
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
you are probably looking at 3 od 4 days of light withdrawals.everyone is different.read some of the past posts.there  is a lot of information about otc meds to help.good luck!30 hours c/t for me.they say 72 hrs for most of the symptoms to slow down.then comes the psychological end of it.Bruce
Helpful - 0
hi
look for a post with Thomas Recipe . it has the ingridients .. stay tough . yo can do this
I was also on oxycontin/hydrocodone for along time . 4-5 years . 40 mg every 12 hours and 2 10 mg hydrocodone every 6 hours
I am on day 12 .. you can do it!!
the physical part (the bad part)..takes around 4-6 days for most i believe
For me was a little longer.sleepless/restleness maybe a litile longer..  
You came to the right place.. folks here helped me get through it..
         Mike
let me know if ya dont find the Thomas Recipe post . ill help ya look
Helpful - 0
hi
look for a post with Thomas Recipe . it has the ingridients .. stay tough . yo can do this
I was also on oxycontin/hydrocodone for along time . 4-5 years . 40 mg every 12 hours and 2 10 mg hydrocodone every 6 hours
         Mike
Helpful - 0
hi
         Mike
Helpful - 0
there is a post with the Thomas Recipe , it helped me immennsly,
im day 12 clean from 40mg oxycontin 2X a day and 10 mg hydrocodone 4X a day
  for 4-5 years . and on 12th day i feel pretty good. I believe the worst part for most people is over in 4-6 days. it took me alot longer but that was me.
  be strong , you can do it!
  mike

Helpful - 0
there is a post with the Thomas Recipe , it helped me immennsly,
im day 12 clean from 40mg oxycontin 2X a day and 10 mg hydrocodone 4X a day
  for 4-5 years . and on 12th day i feel pretty good. I believe the worst part for most people is over in 4-6 days. it took me alot longer but that was me.
  be strong , you can do it!
  mike

Helpful - 0
Hi
There is a post here for Thomas Recipe , if you go back some posts.
Let me know if ya cant find it and ill help ya look.
That is the best i know of for the W/D. it worked for me.
I am day 12 clean off of 4-5 years of 40mg-80mg 2X a day and 10 mg of hydrocodone  
4X a day.
I see you just started the W/D . you came to right place, there is alot of knowledgeable  people here to help .
stay strong , you can do this
mike

Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
you are probably looking at 3 od 4 days of light withdrawals.everyone is different.read some of the past posts.there  is a lot of information about otc meds to help.good luck!30 hours c/t for me.they say 72 hrs for most of the symptoms to slow down.then comes the psychological end of it.Bruce
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.