Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Have another question

I have been C/T for 11 days off of Lortab. I am still having restlessness and aches that start in the late afternoon and my heart is still racing all day and night long. I enjoy working out and I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. Is all of this normal? WHEN do these last symptoms go away? Is there somewhere I can go to research more about Lortab withdrawals and what is and isn't normal. I appreciate each of you for your help these last 11 days. I have really not had any cravings for the pills just the physical symptoms.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
fortunately i don't know from experience.. but i can tell you this:  i believe i read that the detox period can be up to 7 days, and that after that you may still feel like you are in a funk for another week or so, it depends on the degree of the physical dependence.  if you have improved this much by day 11 however, you know the light at the end of the tunnel is close.  it's probably just around the corner so pat yourself on the back for getting so far, and just be patient a little while longer.  good job :)

are you feeling depressed at all?  i read in many many places that can linger the longest.  how is your sleep?

you sound like you're doing great.
Helpful - 0
I have days of depression and days not...go figure. I take half of an Ambien for sleep at night and that doesn't always help. I will not up that dose because Ambien can be addictive. Insomnia runs in my family anyway. I'm trying to cut back on my caffein intake I think it makes me feel bad too.
How are you doing???
Helpful - 0
yeah, at this point cutting down in caffiene would probably be smart, though i would be very wary of getting rid of it alltogether if you drink it everyday, becuase the last thing you need is that god-awful caffiene-withdrawal midgrain-like headache!!  

im doing so much better, thanks :)  

as far as whats normal for withdrawal, who knows..  our bodies are so different.  i have had chest pains for the past week, non-stop.. on both sides of my chest.  i have no idea why, i'm just trying to ignore it.  i think it may be the increased anxiety i've had lately.
Helpful - 0
Ya I have done that b4...I would suggest NEVER to just stop drinkin it. I had a BAD headache for 3days, was not sure why, then I thought to myself, that I did not have the money to buy pop this time, so I had someone go get me a pop just to see if that is wat was causin the headache, well I drank it about mayb 1 hr later...I was good to go. Amazing!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.