Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Question bout Adderall-XR 20mg

My 10yr old daughter is on this, with wat I have found out that this drug is very addictive. I need some advice. Should I have her take it or pull her off? She is on it for just (ADD) attention defisite disorder. When she was not takin this she would not listen or pay attention, but now she is on the honor role at her school.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Talk to your doctor about your concerns but it sounds like she really needs it. She isn't abusing and as long as your not taking them too, I wouldn't worry about it. Some people really need this stuff and it is very, very helpful.
Helpful - 0
No, she will be fine.  The child who is ADHD/ADD their chemical make up is different than others, they can stop and start this with NO problems if they are truly ADHD/ADD.  For anyone else YES, but its different for them, I promise.  My 9 year old, has been on it for 4 years, and over the weekends, and during spring break, and summer time, christmas time, and any other holiday, or if I just forget to give it to him, he is just fine.  They call them medication holidays.

(I just had different types of drug holidays!!!!-LOL!)
Helpful - 0
Thanx guys...makes since, just felt better with other opnions. No I am not takin them. That is not the drugs that I seem to have some issues in.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.