Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hello Everyone!!! Day 11

Just wanted to post and say hello to everyone. Sorry I haven't been around I had a really, really, really bad migraine the last 3 days!!! Called the OB and they wanted to give me T w/codeine. I said nope, won't do anything and it will make me feel like ****. Then the vic's, said nope they won't work don't want them. I wanted so badly to take my migraine meds, relpax!!! I love that stuff, takes the headaches right away and they are NOT additive! But because I am prego they said no way so I had to take sinus stuff and fioricets, which su@k. But I made it through and the thought of pain meds turned my stomach. I am so glad I took that 1/2 a pill last Sunday! I thank my lucky stars it turned out that way. I took it, didn't help at all with my pain but it did give me the sick to my stomach, toss and turn W/D's that night and I am confident that I will never take another. So I don't even consider that 1/2 and I am on day 11 and feeling really good. Tired but I am prego so that is a good thing. I slept 9 hours last night and I could have slept longer but I had to come into work :( I want to thank everyone here, you guys are the best support I have ever had. You keep me honest and if I can help anyone just let me know! Now I just need to work on my friend and get her off this ****. She is a 30-40 10/325 a day user so it is going to take a small miracle for her to see the light.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I also wanted to say, my god I don't think I have ever been this freaking hungry, has that happened to anyone else? I am just trying to figure out what is pregnancy and what is feeling "normal" again. Also, that HBO special is on tonight and it looks really good, lots of great advice and you get to see how others saw you, very eye opening!
Helpful - 0
Good for you! It's so great that you feel strong and confident, now you can focus on your health and pregnancy and not worry about pain medication.
Good luck with everything.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
Mircles come in all sizes, congrats on day 11.it only gets better from here, your doing all the right things,proud of you,Hope and prayers Clay TX
Helpful - 0
Hey great to see you doing so well!
Very inspiring!
/D
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
I didn't post this "secret" for fear it might scare people going through W/D .

During W/D I lost weight, probably because I was living on canalope, water mellon, and water.  

However, when my body started returning to normal (about week 2), food began tasting wonderful and I was again eating three square meals a day (with seconds).   The real clue was when I just had to go out for a steak and lobster dinner because I couldn't control my desire for lobster.  Wanting a specific food  was something that never happened when on pain killers.  With pills, I just ate to eat.    

Now, I  have gotten my diet (almost) under control, and I am beginning daily exercise.

Please see your hunger as a positive sign of recovery.  Congratulations.

GEORGE
Week 8 C/T
Helpful - 0
Congrats on all of your progress! I think the hunger is probably a combination of recovery and pregnancy. My 10-week-pg wife has had an unusual appetite of late (certain foods only but lots of them), and certainly I am starting to gain back some of the weight I lost in February.
Helpful - 0
Hey girl!! Its so awesome to hear how your doing! Live it up and enjoy every moment!!!

Congradulations on Day 11....im so proud of you..........Your doing what feels right for YOU and your baby!! Its just awesome....You filled my day with some contentness....

Go hug a tree!! lol........now....hehehe...

Anyways, keep posting!! Great to hear from you!!
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
congrats!you are an inspiration.i need to hear positive things right now.im on 48 hours c/t and struggling.good work.RT
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.