Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

continued pain treated with lorcet. Am I addicted?

I was in an accident 10 years ago.  I was given darvocet, I never took them..  my sister in law told me they would really help out.  Well before I know it I was taking them and feeling better.I will never blame her for it.  It was my own doing.  I was getting everything and more done.  I was diagnised with Guillian barre there after put on another pain killer.  There after this is now 10 years I'm taking 4 Lorcet a day. Now I have pherifial neoropathy nerve damage, very painful from guillian barre.  

I need them for pain.  I also find myself taking them when I don't need them to get thru the day.  i will dream about them if I know I'm running low.  My doc now wants me to go see a therapist and lower my dose.  Or give me a pain patch.  I';m so scared//////

I have a disabled child.  I feel the only way to help her before and after school is to be energenic.  My daughter has aspergers this falls under the umbrella of Autism.  i saw a posting from I love my children.  My heart goes out to you.  I only have 1 child.  My heart goes out to all of you.  I'm so happy that I found this forum.  I will praying for all of you.

Angel
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You make me smile and I apprecite your advise.  Thanks for the congrats I'm scared but 36 and need to move forward.

Anywho-  I can manage myself and other things but my Bi-polar brings me so up and down the pills when I don't need them for pain keep me up.  It is -----

Thanks again for lifting my spirits

Angel :)
Helpful - 0
Well I was in a car accident.  There after I was diagnosed with guillian barre syndrome, an infection in the spine from a bad depo provera shot.  i has RLS and i smoked for years.  i have severe anxiety so now I havn't smoked in over a year. I have 1 child and am engaged to be married.  Well i think that maybe it.  I was a ck addict and a pt head, and always experimented.....
i have to run

i hope to talk to you soon
Angel  
Helpful - 0
it is nice to hear from you.  I was reading some stuff in the forum and it really scared me.  What is all of the drama?  I'm sure one day i will want to get clean.  I really need to hear and have people.  REAL PEOPLE in the same situation, like you are....and me too!  I think onew day we will be on here and better.  It is so hard to admit that there is something wrong.  there is so much comfort talking to you.  I thought I was the only one out there, with these problems.  I really don't want to offend anyone I just need to talk.  Thanks for the e-mail, yes we will dtay in touch.  I rally enjoty talking with you.  Happy Day!
Helpful - 0
i CAN REALLY REALTE.  i HAVE TO HAVE MY PILLS....My daughter is now 16 and thank god is not into drugs but she hurts herself.  I'm also disabled with severe anxiety and depression....I wonder why?????????????

I am so scared when I pick her up frrom school.  If she has a bad day she will do terrible things to herself.  I have 1 child.  I don't even know how you do it.  If I doid not have my wonder pills I know I could never make it.  I really do suffer from sever pain, however on my good days they are my fix.  I'm taking between 4-6 tabs of 650 lorcet daily.  My stomache burns and I know that I'm hurting myself, I stopped before and suffered from headsaches.  i just don't ewant to stop anymore.  It really numbs reality.

God!  this is like a journal, the benefiyt it answers back..... I'm hear for you and I understand having a troubled child and needing the numb......

ANGEL
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the info.  You know.....I don't even want to stop.....I know in my heart that I do better with these pills.  I love to talk and read and find support here.  I will always write.  I'm just scared and not ready.  Counting my pills until the next refill.  It's so nice to open up and admit my problem, no one else has to know..I feel safe here.

Angel :)
Helpful - 0
The theropy only made me worse, I have severe back pain. I guess it would depend on wat kind of pain patch he is wanting to give u...I had a friend just recently die from a morphine patch. So be careful!!!

God Bless u, and take care!!
This website is great!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.