Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oh yes, a few things I forgot to mention

I have been taking tramadol for 1 year and am up to about 20 - 5 pills per day...they are 50mg's each. i don't know what I am up against but I know it isn't going to be pretty. I plan on doing sober living after the rapid opiate detox. I am not new to the disease of addiction as I first went into rehab 8 years ago at 24 and been in an out. Haven't drank in 1.5 years, but have used Tramadol daily for 1 year. Thanks again for your help. I am very grateful.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I knew I was in trouble,
When they threw me a shovel
And said your digging your own grave
**** all that I gave
You know I cant stay
My habit is sending me away
All those times I lied
Still so much you cried
Even though I tried
I felt as though I died
I know you mind
Im in this twisted bind
So when im not with you
Just reach for a tissue
Because those tears,
Well they could last for years
I don’t mean to hurt you
So I want to alert you
we may never see each other again
Just say god bless and Amen

No worries now
You can take a bow
Cause im back
Clean of smack
My life is new
But im feeling blue
So help me out
And let me sprout
Into a new man
Who is trying to find a plan
To stay clean
Even from the green
Which I used to smoke
But I cant joke
This is serious ****
Im done with it
Never again
God bless and amen
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear you are going through the same thing I am. It's hell. I need to take 7-9 right off the bat just to feel normal and then four or five a few times a day as maintenance. Rapid Detox is a medical procedure under anesthesia. It takes you through the detox in a matter of hours, not days...supposedly. The total time in the hospital is between 3-4 days. The cost is high, between $10,000 - $15,000 depending on where you go and is not covered by insurance I hear. It's a big cash commitment, but probably a good investment in the long-run. The site below is $14,800 and they seem to be very friendly. I need to be in and out if possible due to work. I run my own company and have a lot of people who's families depend on the company so I don't have the option of taking 30-90 days off...but I wish I did.

http://www.opiates.com/rapid-detox.html

Best of luck and keep me posted on how you are doing.
Helpful - 0
I have been taking up to 12 tramadol a day for 7 months, and I am also finding that it is very hard to quit. I am trying to taper now, some days with more luck than others, and plan on trying to quit c/t when I have some days off soon (reading on this board I have realized that you have to have some time off work as you are in for a rough ride - at least the first days. I initially was described tramadol for pain in connection with continuing dental problems and even though I have never been addicted to anything before I certainly am now.
What exactly is rapid detox treatment? Can you explain what the procedure is?  
The best of luck
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.