Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxycotton and vicodin Addiction

My name is mike and i am 18 y/o, i had a car accident last year and since then i have been accidted to Vicodin and Oxycotton. after i wasnt able to get the pill legally, so i turn to the streets, and bought it illegaly, i spend roughly 250 a week on pills and i want to better my life, and get into college, i feel great on the vicodin, if i dont have it then i smoke pot. if i dont have pot then i get sick, chills, headaches, stuff like that.. does anyone have any suggestions that would help me better my life?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks much

- Mike
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
have you confided this in anyone? how is your family situation?
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hello and Welcome,

Sounds like the only way you can get your life back is to stop all the drugs. I am not saying stop them right this second, but it's time to lay out a plan to get you headed in the right direction. I'm not a dr. and don't work in the medical field. I do know about addiction though. I didn't have a lot of trouble stopping the vicodin, but I wasn't abusing them. You can taper off of drugs or stop c/t. You're on too many drugs to stop them all at once, I would think.
You came to the right place for help and you're young so don't spend too many of your years on dope.

Keep posting and maybe by talking to several people and your dr, if you have one you can open up to, you can get some ideas on how to get clean and stay clean. I hope you stay and get the help this forum has to offer. Much more people are on during the day and until around 2:00 a m. I hope you can get your life back and move forward to a clean way of leaving. Just put your mind to it.  Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
Weed, although a lot will not agree, is your best answer for withdrawal. Personally, that and green tea is what was needed. But to be truthful, rehab maybe your best bet.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.