Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Looking for participants...

Hey guys and gals. I'm not too known round these parts, but here goes. I'm doing a project for school(college) and would love some insight. It's about opioids and the problems they've created in peoples lives. I'm searching for someone who was unaware of the seriousness of these pills. And may have not been informed by the doctors about how addicting they are. I don't want to get right into it now, but if anyone would like to check into it, gimme a shout on this board. I'll get you the questions through e-mail or whatever. It'll take 5 minutes of your time....
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
aim at electricstormz.
Helpful - 0
Yes, that what happened to me.  It not just the addiction, but some of the other side effect that in ways are much worse.  If I can help let me know.  I've been on Oxy for over a year.  You can contact me at ***@****.
Helpful - 0
I was put in a pain management program and prescribed pain pills over the last 7 months with no warning of what would happen to me.  Now, here I am in w/d and it's one of the hardest things I've had to do.  You can reach me at foreverinked at gmail dot com
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
i think its unfair 2 lay the blame for our addictions on the docs.sure there are cowboys out there but generally docs hav benevolent intentions and are only trying to alleviate our pain.the abuse of said pills is really on us and we need 2 be personally responsible for our own actions.docs didnt make me into a junkie,i did.sure there are exceptions but in  general most docs really do have our best interests at heart.
regards J
Helpful - 0
Thanks schatzie. Any stories are welcome. I understand if you don't want to, but think, a lot of people will see this paper, and it may help even 1 person.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.