Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
193953 tn?1272075026

Off the Hydrocodone and in a lot of pain!

After about a year on hydro for a back injury, my workers comp doc has decided I have been on them long enough and refilled my LAST script last week. I am now off of it and am not really withdrawing but my back hurts so bad! I am in PT and he kills me! I am lucky enough to have a dr. that treats me for tension headaches with Xanax and ADHD with Adderall so they somewhat disguise the withdraw but I am hurting like ****! I am allergic to NSAIDS, Ultram, Darvocet and Codeine so I am so limited on what I can take. What can I take to take some of the pain away? I work full time and am a wife and a mother 2 2 girls, one of which is under one. I can't stop what I do and just lie down. I have to keep going but I don't know how when I can barely stand up right!
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
I am using 800 mg motrin. it takes the edge off. I dont know nor am qualified to even suggest anything else. Perhaps doc can give non-narcotic med? I know i seen someone post something similiar a few days ago.
  Wish I could help more.
Mike

Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
I wish I could take some Motrin! I am highly allergic to any NSAID which means that when it gets so bad that I do take something like that, it work so well! I can't take them often. They result in chest pain that you can almost mistake for a heart attack if you aren't familiar with their symptoms. But yeah, when I do take me 800 mil of Ibu. I am in hardly no pain at all!
Helpful - 0
oops sorry i didint know what NSAID's are  Im sorry.
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
No apologies! I am so open for suggestions right now. I did slug back some this morning and that better be the only ones I take for the day. I had to take something! I have to take it before I get out of bed in the morning on most mornings. But espescially today, its rainy and all!
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
Just popped a couple of Somas and that does at least take the edge off....
Helpful - 0
There is a non-narc drug u can take that is a pain killer, they do nothin for me, but I heard they work for others, maybe they will work if u have the hydro out of ur system. They are called "tramadal". Ask ur doctor.
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
Yeah, thats Ultram. I can't take it due to allergies. I have though taken it when I did find out I was allergic and it worked! Until the rask took over my whole body and I swelled up like a balloon!
Helpful - 0
O man hmmm...I am not sure of anything else other then over the counter. Try and ask ur doctor if there is any other.

I am not goin through this yet, but I will be. I am n xanx, oxys, percs, bad! For my back i go get injections (RFA).

Be strong, try and fight the pain, I know it is hard, but u will get there.

People tell me that and I am like right...easier said then done. But if u are really truly wanting this then u gotta fight it all the way.
I will be there soon, and I am scared as heck!
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
Yeah, I am just trying to push through it. When it starts hurting really bad, I get up and do something very physical. I know it sounds crazy but if I am doing something like that, I am distracting myself from the pain.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.