Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 5 c/t...and still going

I am now exactly 5 days c/t from 100+mg norco habit for 5 years.  i am sooooo tired.  I just want somebody to read this and know that I am a very weak person...I mean very weak, and if I can get 5 days ANYBODY can.  You have to will yourself to do it.  My kids think I have the flu.  My husband has been a godsend and taken the week off of work to help me.  When does the sleep return?  anyday now or am I kidding myself and it will probably be another week or two?  Anyways, good luck everybody!!!!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Way to go good job I'm on day 10 it does get better I just keep remembering how it was a day 1,2,3, and I don't want to go back. Like you I was just on the hydros
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
Day 18 and Your energy will slowly return, I work construction and still feel my body healing.I had a 25-35 a day lorcet and soma habit. I know how hard it is right now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there! Hope and prayers Clay TX
Helpful - 0
Sounds like u have a great family..that would help out a great deal. Keep it up I know u can keep goin on the right track. I am not sure if the temptation or the feeling that u have will just all disappear,it will get easier deff....but u just have to stay strong, every day u get stronger!!!! Tell urself everyday that u are worth it!! Cause u are.

I cant say wat u are goin through, but my boyfriend is goin through it cause he has been takin my scrips and I told him no more, it has been 4 days for him.

God Bless you!
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
I feel for you and I wish there wa san answer laid in stone but it is just different person to person. The first time I quit taking Xanax my sleep has never returned to the way it was and that has been 5 years ago. Now, with the Hydros, my sleep isn't an issue. I guess because of the Xanax. I find it very helpful. If you are a person with a just hydro habit and have no wants for other meds, Xanax could be helpful. If you just like pills, you may want to steer clear though. I have went off of Hydros, am on Friday of work where I worked all week but for the period of PT, and have made it. I am in some major pain though!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the responses.  I have to say it is easier today than 2,3,4 days ago.  I'm just tired.  I have no issues with other medications, just hydro...but i don't want to start something.  I have yet another week off of work so hopefully things will work out.  I just want everybody to stay strong and continue this journey.  Thanks for all of your help!
Helpful - 0
My fiance and family were also very supportive. Keep it up! After day 5 I started to feel better. Like I have said before. The WD are tough physically, but the mental struggle is a contanst thing you have to work at everyday. I talk to my fiance honestly and openly and it helps!!  I will keep you in my thoughts!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.