Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I took off the catapres patch

I decided to take off the patch because I think I am through the worst of my w/d and that the patch was making me feel worse.  

I saw the doc today for a check up.  She gave me a couple different things to try to sleep.  She also went back and looked at my records from before I began pain pills.  I was having symptoms of RLS back then.  She said that opiates are often used to treat RLS so the symptoms were probably masked.  She ordered a requip start up kit for me, but the pharmacy didnt have any so I have to wait til Monday.  She told me to use it for a week and see what happens, then we will talk about whether or not I do truly have RLS or it is just a w/d symptom
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks!  You have always been first with kind words.  It's 2 AM and I'm wide awake.  I decided to try not to take any sleep aid and stick it out to see what happens.  I fell asleep for about 2 hours but now I'm up and stuck with whether or not to take something for sleep.  Doc told me to start with 2 of my klonipin and if that didn't work, take 1 ambien.  I guess if I can't fall asleep soon, I'll try the klonipin and see what happens.  

How are you doing?  sleep getting better?
Helpful - 0
requip works good i use it for my rls
Helpful - 0
hey
glad ya feeling a little better. hope the meds on monday help.
mike
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.