Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Controlling!

From what I can see, while sitting back and reading what is being said back and forth, it occurs to me that there is an individual or two who are attempting to control this site and everyone in it. What is behind their idea is yet to be seen, but as these type of zealots progress in their attempt at dictatorship, they eventually show their true colors. Do not be dismayed by these people. They will eventually get their comeuppance. Just continue this site as it was meant to be and ignore all detrimental remarks regardless of where they come from. Before all this happened I managed, without running into negative people, to overcome my addiction and withdrawal with the help of many good people here. That is what this site is for,not for personal attacks. I hate to think that the sponsors of this site will take it as not worth the effort and close it down. People who are interested in successfully completing the withdrawal etc, do not need to run into negativity that pushes them in the wrong direction. they need complete support. This is, of course, my opinion and I hope there are others who agree.
It is hard for me to say" Keep the faith" when certain people are doing their best to "Upset the apple cart," so to speak.
                                         Mannie
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I totally agree with your sentiments, and I really hope that everyone with good intentions and a genuine wish to help others - and not least maybe needing help themselves - will keep posting so this again will be a forum where people with addictions (who don't know where else to turn) can receive and give support - and actually really help someone else overcome their addiction.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
well said my dear!
I have sat back and watched the control take place...I saw through this from the start...
Helpful - 0
very hard to believe what has been happening to the forum lately.  i have been reading posts here for 2 months or so, and it is unbelievable what and how it is turning out to be. it was never htis way before. now the "old-timers" that are still here and some of the newbies still seem to be dedicated to giving compassionate and caring advice to those ppl really in need. but others....whew?? i will be glad when thisplace returns to normal if that is at all possible. there are alot of ppl that really do need the support and help from this site. i hope it turns back into the warm and giving place that it was before all this drama. .............cin
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
I also agree with yall, Ive been here a little over 2 weeks,and have formed some sort of bond w/you people and consider yall my friends, but you also have to see the double edge sword in all of this. i believe we as people change as the days pass and we start to recover from our addiction.Again I say if i didnt have people here to post to i would feel a void in my heart. i try to post positive and am hoping that some things i say may help someone someday.I believe(only my opinion)there might be some people relying on this forum for more than moral support. At some point the control in our lives will return and we can look life head on. I know I will always remember this forum and have positive memories and will always try to give back what i have recieved.Hope and prayers,Love and Joy Clay~ TX  Day 19
Helpful - 0
I totally agree with you and could not have said it better myself. I thank you for your post and as always very articulate. I notice when you post that you look at things the same as I do. I don't want to get anything going by adding any fuel to the fire. I have noticed certain behaviours that seem to be more prevalent on the weekends. This board belongs to all and is here to share experiences and feelings on getting well again. So many people on this board have overcome many obstacles and yet they keep on fighting to get better or maintain their sobriety. I read all posts (been here for 6 weeks) and I know so many are in a lot of pain. The pain manifests itself in many ways and I won't elaborate on this. We all should be very careful before throwing out accusations. No matter if a story is true or not, I think we can make our own conclusions for ourselves. I worry that someone that might be on the edge of disaster could be very hurt by this behaviour.  I believe everyone has something to offer and should never be run off from this site. New people will come in everyday and will have different opinions, ideas that others disagree with. It is ok to disagree and have a healthy discussion. I notice also that when a new drama starts that new people with very needfull posts are not getting the support they need.

Please do not take offense to this. There are so many wonderful people on this board and each on of you is here for a reason.

Peace be with all of you this weekend.

M
Helpful - 0
As always, when you post you always have something of great value to say!!! I never know when you will pop in with some words of wisdom but it always seems to be when they are needed most!!!! Thank you!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.