Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Well, I have now been morphine, nicotine, and alcohol free for 25 days and it feels good. I am thinking clearly. I'm starting to deal with a huge plate of issues that have built up through years of drug and alcohol abuse. I'm excited but scared. I'm proud but wary. I know that all I have to do today to keep my addictive behavior under control is to not take a pill, puff or drink today.

This forum has been an AWESOME support network for me in so many ways. Remember posters - just because someone doesn't respond to a post does not mean it was not read or that someone did not benefit from your words.

I'm sad about all of the harsh words I'm seeing on here. I'm sad for those who have come here for help only to be turned away by the fighting. I'm sad that we are letting our feelings take away from the reason we are all here - to help us with our addictions.

I hope and pray that the fighting will end soon.

Scott (I will still be here BTW)
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
i know you DO feel good...mentally AND physically.  keep doing whatever is working for you scott...things will only get better from here
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Scott...that is a major accomplishment.  You have come a long way.  Keep it rolling.

GEORGE
Week 8
Helpful - 0
Hey Scott,
Congratulations.  Glad to hear you are feeling well. I feel a kindship to you as I too am 26 days out.  I am trying to observe my feelings (i.e. anxiety, sadnes, etc.) and to go with them instead, as I used to do, self-medicate.  This is definetly a learning experience.  Sometimes I feel so stuck in myself I can't move.  It takes alot of willpower to get up and do what needs to be done.  No one said it was going to be easy! But it is all GOOD!  It is better to feel something, than be numb and feel nothing.  Keep on keeping on!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.