Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peace on it's way.

This site will soon resume to normal where we can help those who need it and want it. It will be a time where peace rules once again without barbs and arrows being thrown at anyone. I must apologize for my emphatic remarks aover the last couple of days. When I see anyone being deprived of assistance in any way due to detrimental remarks being deliberately aimed at them I get angry. We were,and are all here, for one distinct reason and that is to survive the withdrawal process with the help of others in this forum. The pros and cons that I have exhibited in my remarks should be taken with a "Grain of salt." You must make up your own minds as to what is or isn't. Don't allow me or anyone else to influence your thinking .  Any opinions I have expressed here at different times on this forum, are strictly my own and not to be confused with anyone else. Having said this I will now retire and continue to drop in now and then. Hopefully the next time I look in, all will be back to what this site was intended for, and that is for the benefit of all who are here to find ways of overcoming their addiction and reaching their goal of having a peaceful, quiet, normal life once again. In order to do this they must cope with withdrawal and its ups and downs, pain and all that comes with it. They need and want as much help as they can get.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
thanks for posting.. thank you also for being one of the ones like myself that remembers the forum from a positive point of view. things will go back to normal.. until then I am holding on.. sticking with the winners and staying out of the drama. I miss Vicaddict, Thursday, Gipsee, Arlington, and you too Mangee. I am gonna mainly lurk and post to  new people who need help. And to my friends that have helped me sooo much.
Helpful - 0
Those were nice posts, when I first started to come here I remember Gypsy had helped me as well.  I do belive that if we just stick it out that the drama will go away.  It makes me mad because I told one of my friends about this site and he posted and got no reponses and said it looked more like a fighting match and not a support place.. That really does suck, because I know the support was giving to me with much love when I needed it,,, Please keep the support up, I need it,, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
My goal is to avoid drama... and be pro active in the forum.. If there are a bunch of negative posts I will post new positive ones and match them post for post... if also helps to get the negative stuff off the first page. That is not meant to be rude but its not good for new people to pull up this site and  see all of it... I am gonna stick it out and ride the waves
Helpful - 0
thanks ,,I"ll take your advice and forget what I"ve read and give the site a chance,,,,not rude at all ( your comment ) ,,and if I post it will be positive
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Stick around... a month ago is was not this full of craziness. I am hoping that it blows over.  I would try to deal with it and take the good thats here.. there are many great people here trying to recover that could use your help as much as you need ours..
Helpful - 0
Thanks again guys and sorry that I once AGAIN got caught up in the drama...it hurts to see the site abused and people scared off. I have not forgotten how much it has helped me which is why I am trying to hang in without blowing my top...guess I still have some growing up to do!!  When does one ever reach maturity!!!!!?? (Mentally of course...not chronologically!)
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i too remember how compassionate and inspiring this forum was when i first came here...it took a couple of days before most of you understood my reasons for being here.  i come here for support and actually use the advice given, in dealing with my sons.  i draw wisdom from reading your posts to each other...and hope that i might have given a little to some of you.  making trouble, stirring the pot, or hurting anyones feelings have never been my motive.  i'm sorry to say though that i cannot apologize for how i feel and the fact that i stated it here...in fact, i've never even been on a witch hunt (hehe).  it is because of the support i've received here that i felt it necessary to voice my concerns.  you are all wonderful people and i hope and pray that you find that light at the end of the tunnel.  keep posting so that i don't loose sight of that light.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.