Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

NoMORE R U still around

just checking on you.  Let me know how you are doing.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, yes I am around...I want to write and tell you the whole story but I can't do it now.  I will do it when everyone in this house leaves me alone!  Later tonight.
Helpful - 0
I completely understand.  I'll talk to you soon.
Helpful - 0
Today is day 27.  I have been on some sought of drug for about 3 1/2 years now.  Valium, Vicodan, most recently percocet (shoulder surgery in Jan).  In graduate school, can't focus.  Decided this drug thing is not working for me after 40 some odd years!  Beleive it or not, I am still really anxious and really want a valium, but I'm holding on.  
Helpful - 0
WOW!  27 days is an accomplishment.  You should be so very proud of yourself.  Did you go c/t or taper or use another method.  I know you can make it without the valium as well.  I understand that these are very difficult.  I also have quite a bit of anxiety and was on Xanax for a while out of college.  Never loved it so I had no trouble quitting.  I just tapered down to nothing and moved on.  Isn't it weird how different our (DOC) addictions are but how exactly the same they are?  Opiates are the killer for me.  I don't think Ive ever made it 27 hours without.  Im starting Suboxone tomorrow.  Hope it goes well.  Are you teaching this year.  What age?  Do you plan on staying with it much longer?  I taught for 10 years and then had my first daughter.  I stayed home with her for two years and then went to work as a social worker.  I really loved that (wrote ISPs instead of IEPs) so alot of the same stuff.  The beurocratic BS was not at all involved.  I had to leave teaching because I never had time to teach with all the other things to do.  I was the only Special ed. teacher at my school.  Can you imagine?  so I did it all: testing, committees, continued education for general ed., classes, modifications, etc..  It was stressful but I loved those kids more than anything.  I have always taught LD/EC.  Sadly, now I can truly relate to them.  My behavior is definitely my problem.  WIsh someone would have used a token economy with me 7 years age. (j/k)  you keep up the good work and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Take care and stay focused.  Your awesome....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.