Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

5 days clean getting more depressed.Whats Up?

Well it's my 5th day c/t from about 60 to80 mg of hydro.most of the other w/d's have let up.now i notice some problems sleeping and the depression seems to be getting worse.does anyone else have this going on or had it happen to them?I suffered the other symptoms chills,sweating,etc.but the depression is the worst for me.i'm also worried about my appetite.it just isn't there yet.Thanks for listening.Bruce p.s will it ever end?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I"m new here so I hope its ok to post,,,I"m on a quick taper from lortabs,,I"ve had 2 pills in 2 days and 1/2 next. I ct"d from oxys and heroin ( street drug I know ) but I was really emotional for a couple weeks. I"d cry if I looked out the window and saw a bird fly,,lol,,,guys aint sposed to do that,,lol,,,but it goes away. It might be cause when yer detoxin you reflect a lot. Like how did I get here and how bad is it. Your day six will be better,,gl
Helpful - 0
Hey there.

When my husband was beginning w/d (he was taking 40-50 hydros a day) I bought him an all natural product called "Positive Thoughts"

It basically contains St. John's Wort Extract, L-Tyrosine, Valerian Root, and Lemon Balm Leaf.
It seemed to keep him in good spirits throughout the day.  You should also try fresh protein shakes with fresh fruit - all the vitamins from the fruit are good for the spirit.

Also try to take in lots of fresh air if you can - go out for walks.  It's not going to take all the sad feelings away - but it will help.

Good luck to you,.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.