Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 8 c/t norco

Wow it is day 8 c/t from 15 norco a day!!!!  I am proud of myself.  My kids are all in school and my husband went back to work today after spending a week home with me helping me off this stuff.  I thought I would go crazy without him here but I'm doing o.k.  He left me a list of things to do...just to occupy myself instead of watching the clock :)  Sleep is still an issue.  I made an appt with my dr. today to see if she would give me some sleeping aids...is that a good idea or should I just tough it out.  My dr. knows NOTHING of my addiction...I just want something to sleep.  I think I'll go for a walk- maybe that will give me some added energy.  I go back to work on Thursday and I'm a little scared of the non-energy issue as I'm a nurse and work 12-13 hour days.  Thanks again for all the support sent my way.  I know I'm new here but I couldn't have done any of this without reading all the wonderful posts and advice.  Prayers to all...
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, this is just my opinion, but lack of sleep won't kill you. Prescription sleed aids can be addictive. If you can make it a few more days, the sleep will hopefully start to come back. It took about 3 weeks for me to start getting over 5 hours a night.

Congrats on getting through that first terrible week!
Helpful - 0
Thats awesome...Congradulations!!

Walking does really help...I do a 7 klm walk...or an hour on the treadmill....daily......sometimes with major force.....lol other times its a breeze...

I have a sleep disorder...so I puff weed...to sleep...that doesnt work for most ppl though....or at least people that arent actively smoking already...so I am not suggesting you pick up...but its just me, I refuse to take sleeping aids...Exercise...and eating right....really plays an impact on how well we sleep.....it does help out...even when I dont have pot...I still can get a straight 3 hours of sleep..................
Helpful - 0
Hey girl....my one fear was going back to work as well...I also am a nurse (I am partime though fortunately for me...I have four kids and just plain busy. I am week 6 of c/t 10-15 10mg norco daily and I remember day 8....that was my first day back to work. My brain was a little foggy and my energy was depleted.  Are you taking anything for that. I got EmergerC powdered energy drink....I swear by it...and it doesn't taste bad either...lots of Vitamins (esp B-12) and minerals!  What specialty are you in if you don't mind me asking?  I am in L&D and prenatal testing.  I did an 8hr shift the first day. .It went really fast because I was so busy...didn't have time to notice the lack of energy. I found that the more I sat around, the worse I felt.  You sound like you are doing great!!!! I'm so proud of you...you are truly coming out on the other side! Once you rid yourself of the worry of finding more pills or not having enough to cover you until your next rx, you will feel so free!  A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  It is still a fight though and I really don't want to get to comfortable to think I won't relapse....I just take things one day at a time!

Keep strong and have faith in yourself. You are giving such a wonderful gift to your family!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Thanks alot!  Marce4, that is very encouraging that you went back to work at day 8...it will be day 11 for me and I'm a little scared.  I work on a surgery/oncology floor...there are a lot of people in a lot worse place than I am - especially with cancer so hopefully I can look at it that way.  I just want to be able to sleep a full night before I go to work because I know being on my feet for 12+ hours is going to have a toll on me.  Hopefully keeping busy, like you said will take my mind off of myself.  Do you ever wonder how you got yourself into this situation by being a nurse???  I certainly do!  I knew better right from the beginning!  Anyways, here I am and working towards a better future.  Thanks for the encouraging words!
Helpful - 0
I really beat myself up about this...being a nurse we definately should know better but I've learned to forgive myself. Sadly I knew personally of two nurses on my unit who were addicts and stole from the pyxis...that is one thing I never did (I just stole from family and friends....too sick!!) Not that I didn't think about it but I was too afraid to lose my job!!! It is really difficult to steal narcs from our unit...probably yours too!!!  This can happen to anyone!!!! If you haven't already, I hope you see your way to forgiving yourself!  Keep up the good work!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.