Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ScottQ

Hey Scoot quit, I have stopped my suboxone 7 days ago.  Man, I still feel tired with no appetite.  You had a great post on Sub.  Is this normal to feel this way for this many days?  I had to stop c/t because I found myself replacing one pill for another.  Being an addict, I would take too many sub for the energy. Any advice would be great.  I wish all in this forum the best, especially Tink and her children.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Scott, thanks for responding.  I can honestly say that suboxone works great for the widthdrawels, but in my opinion just switching opiates.  I found myself waking up in the morning and first thing taking my dose.  As I have stated before, i feel it is best to take for as short a period of time and start some kind of recovery and support program.  As always i WISH ALL THE BEST.
Helpful - 0
Hey, the statement I posted on Friday under the topic "HBO" was someone else's words. I have never used suboxone and only know what I have read. The reason I posted it was that many ppl here had asked for info on suboxone and I wanted to point out that not everyone considers it to be a cure for opiate addiction.

Anyway, this statement and other posts I have read point to a milder but longer period of withdrawal (vs full agonist opiates), with the acute phase starting at about 1 week and lasting several weeks, and PAWS lasting up to 2 years or more (depending on dose, duration, and taper). So I would say that you are probably in the early stages of acute withdrawal. Though the w/d may last some time, it is not considered harmful to an otherwise healthy person from what I've read.

Hang in there, and use this forum as much as you are able for support!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.