Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tramadol withdraw

I have been without tramadol for 5 days now. I tapered off from 6 to one half a pill a day and then down to nothing the last 5 days. I really havent had bad withdraws until today, day 5. Is this normal? I feel really weak and tired. I have to force myself to do anything. I'm thinking about taking a half a pill just to feel better. Please tell me if this is normal.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
36 pills of anything per day has to be stopped.  I would suggest obtaining a calendar and writing the # of pills you will take per day and try to stick to it.  If you try decreasing your daily dosage by 2 pills per day every 3 days, it will wean you off the effects of the drug, minimize withdrawal symptoms and you will be down to 4 pills per day by mid-March.  Also, try doing things to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms, like having a cup of tea, taking a long walk, reading a book, writing a journal of your experience and symptoms....there's no easy way to do it, but I really hope you decide that enough is enough...good luck on this journey, and who knows? Maybe you could publish your journal and help others!
Helpful - 0
OMG..I am having a horrible time with this...I was taking up to 36 a day...I am very dedicated to get off this garbage, I just don't know what a good weaning start would be.  Can someone help
Helpful - 0
Ive been on this stuff for about a year. I just quit taking it but my god i cant even get off of the couch. Its day 4 and i may have a little more enegry. I dont feel sick but just tired with no energy. This has happened to me before, it takes about a week to get energy back. Best of luck.
Helpful - 0
thanks for all your comments. After a few hours I started feeling better. The tighting in my back and neck got better after a hot bath and layed on the couch a couple hours and its much better now. Even got enough energy together to cook a nice supper. I am so so happy i didn't take anything. It really gives you a boost of moral when you can make it through the tough spots. thanks again for the support!
Helpful - 0
I've read both good and bad about Tramadol. You sound like you are having mild WD's (though, I'm sure it don't seem mild), as most people complain about mental wd's w/tamadol.

The last thing you want to do is take any more.

If I had to guess - you are at the worse of it, and should get better within a few days. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Widhtdrawels can be different for each person.  Depends on what drug of choice and quantity.  For me,  my widthdrawels from oxy came about 24 hours later.  I was on subxone, and these w/ds happen about 5 days later because the drug stays in your system much longer.  Either way stay positive and hang in there.
Helpful - 0
everyone is differnt, some people go through the worst part in the first 3 days and others the worst hits them after a week or so. From expiereince I think it is normal.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.