Published: March 19, 2007

Local News: Roscoe, Rockton & South Beloit
Crash victim to undergo autopsy

ROCKFORD REGISTER STAR

ROSCOE
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i did not hear a crash per say, all i heard was a very large pop,
not sure at that time what it was but did not take long to figure out what it was

Helpful - 0
1 block away from the seen, as for IM I dont have IM
I would prefer to use this as a form to communicate with... I check it almost daily. looking to get more information about the situation,
Helpful - 0
wow......how far away were you when you heard him crash? You live in chickory, too I take it? I'd like to IM you if you get a chance.....

jen
Helpful - 0
as a fellow rider I will never forget that night,
8:40pm sat night, scramin down my street I heard a "harley" flying down chicory ridge, and all of a sudden I heard a big POP not bang,
I thought nothing of it considering a blow tire and or motor, thats how fast he was ridin, by best est. would have to be 60 to 75 mph.
on a 25 mph side street.
a few things came to mind,
why would anyone be riding that "hard" at that time of night...
my first thought was throdel stuck,
Maybe a tire blew out maybe,
I am also mad, I had my kids tell me they want me to sell my bike,
not knowing what caused this accedent my only respone was a motorcycle
is like a gun, the bullet dont kill people.

good news is people up and down this street have for many years have requested stop signs, this street is known for being a raceway... the city
never did listen, this could of all avoided maybe now because of this accedent maybe we can get the city to listen once and for all...

I am truly sorry for your loss, and please extend that to the famliy
Helpful - 0
We just found out that he wasn't drunk....the BAC was zero.
That's why they want to do the autopsy...they don't know what the hell happened. NOW I really feel worse....I was actually mad at him for dying..ya know...I was like: "DAMMIT NATHAN! you had to get drunk and get on that bike NOW look what happened!!!!!!!" I mean, I know it was just the shock and grief...but I was MAD at him..mad for doing something stupid that cost him his life. THEN I find out he wasn't drunk at all.....hell, he hadn't even been drinking.
:::shaking head:::::
But right away, I automatically think he was plowed. Now I am mad again, but this time at myself...for jumping to conclusions.
I really miss him...........
Today, I almost called his cell phone to ask him if we could borrow his air compressor again when my daughter's tire went flat. I picked up the phone, and started to dial as I would any other time then it HIT me....DUH.
Helpful - 0
I will always be here for support and I sent you an e-mail. Keep good thoughts of Nate and know he is smiling down on you and your hubby.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I too lost a friend to a motorcylce accident last year.. it was my best friends boyfriends brother who  i was close with.. at one time he was even my dealer.. when we cleaned out his house we found bottles of 500 vicodin that were stolen from a pharmacy.. He was not high at the time of the accident.. a 16 yr old who had just gotten her licecse pulled out in front of him on a back road..
I hate motorcycles... period..
i am so sorry for your loss
Helpful - 0
Thank you sweetie for the support. I am also sorry for your loss....wow...its so hard isn't it? I posted a thread to you above....I really need to ask you something...very important...can you please IM me or email me?
***@****
I have a yahooID, too...but I can't remember it lol
jen
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Hang in there girl.. its hard I know.. I still have my friends number in my phone.. I can't seem to delete it.. His brother is so much better now.. he went on a coke binge after his death.. you need time to heal.. it will take time..
Helpful - 0
Be strong - I for one am glad that you posted this, otherwise, you might have internalized the pain and done God knows what to numb/mask the pain.

We're here for you -

MEG
Helpful - 0
I feel so sorry for your loss. I lost a close friend in a motorcycle accident also. I heard it on the local news the next morning and it was like a kick in the stomach. I still think of him often and know he is in a better place. He wanted that Harley so damn bad and rode it for only 2 months before the accident. Another car ran him off the road. Keep the happiest memories of your friend and talk a lot about your feelings to your husband.
Bless,
Mariyah
Helpful - 0
thanks guys...you are really sweet. I do feel better today....but this weekend is going to be hard cuz I believe the funeral will be on Saturday...but again, I 'm not too sure, Nate's sister just got into town today and she'll be makin all the arrangements. SIGH. I'm sorry I posted that...I didn't mean to be morbid...Its just that I have kind of grown close to you all and, well, I wanted you all to see the article cuz Nate was a part of my life, and you are all too now so I wanted to share it.
Tink..one more thing...can you please, PLEASE email me? I need to ask you a question, too...***@**** can you IM me? its important.
Once again, thank you all! :)
Helpful - 0
hey girl, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had a loss also at the begining of march, and although it hurt, i knew he was going. he was old and in the hospital. my only regret was i wasnt in FL when it happened. He was 60yr old and had lost his legs 3yrs ago due to heart problems. after i moved to WI he went downhill fast. i still dont believe i have fully grieved.

Hang in there. and cry lots of tears, if theres one thing i've learned in my battle w/ this addiction is that tears and crying are OK. after tomorrow i will be alot more available since my girls go back to FL.

so if you need me, i'm usually always here. if you dont have my IM send me a message on myspace and i'll give it to you, since i no longer post any personal info here (at least until the rats are exterminated, LOL)

you're in my thoughts and prayers,

luv ya,
Tink
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear you're absorbing and coping as you should.  Again - I'm sorry about your friend.  

How are you doing otherwise?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.