Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

No Suboxone for me today. Still hanging in there.

For those of you who didn't read my post yesterday
("High Dodes Mscontin, starting Suboxone tomorrow) It will tell more of my story. I didn't get to start Suboxone today. My pain management doc ia administering it and he had some kind of family emergency, just by coincidence his partner is on vacation this week. I was able to put in an emergency call to him and he said to go ahead and take my morning dose of meds (that he would definately be there tomorrow) and we would start the Suboxone then. However I didn't take my morning meds for two reasons, one: I had already gone about 24hrs w/o any opiats (now it has been about 36) and two: I hane heard that the longer you go w/o ER opiates (MScontin, Oxycontin, Kadian< Oromorph etc..) the better the Suboxone will work.  Also my doctor told me before I when I he was talking me about getting ready for yesterday that if I had a really difficult time during the day of before I went to bed that I could use one of my Actiqs, because it is such a fast acting and because I am on so much medication it might calm me enough to get me to sleep but there is noway it would stop the withdrawels. He is probably right , but I don't want to do that. could anyone let me know if they think I've made a mistake. Oh I was taking  1000mg Mscontin, 60mg methadone the atiq I weened myself offof but still have some left.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
185545 tn?1331074866
im worried about some of the advice u hav been given.suboxone/subutex has a therapuetic ceiling with the max effective dose 32mgs(even this is excessive).when transfering from mdone u have 2 b on less than 30mgs or else u are going 2 hang out.im not makin this up.u are on far too high a dose(60mgs mdone+1000mgs mscontin) 4 buprenorphine 2 work.sorry.mayb ive missed sumthing and u are on less than 30mgs mdone only.if so disregard my comments.
regards J.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am tapering.. pick up some supplies for the symptoms... Immodium helps alot.. I use Hylands Restful leg tabs for the RLS.. Motrin for aches. B12 will help with energy.. try to relax take deep breaths and hot showers.. keep posting if it helps I will chat if it keeps your mind of it..
Did you get something to help you sleep tonight??
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I was pretty much planning on sticking it out, I'm having a real hard time right now sweats, leg crams, shakes and other symptoms. I'm from FL also east coast Palm Baech area. Man, I just feel sick right now and the pain doesn't help. How about you are you w/d going c/t, if s what day are you on?
Helpful - 0
I hate that it didn't work out for you today.  I wanted to have someone to compare to.  Im sorry your feeling rough right now and I know how much this will help, but it will get so much better.  I was in a bad place last night and had to quit talking.  Wanted to jump out of my skin so I know where you are.  I'll be up for a little while if you want to talk.  Thanks for all of your support.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I would just stick it out til tommorrow.. it is true that you need to be in withdrawl for the Suboxone to work best.. one more night you can do it... I will be on for awhile if you need to talk to someone...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.