Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Can I get a YAAAAHOOOO!!!???

Here's the deal...I've been tapering lortabs for two weeks since I found this site(I've been wanting to quit for quite a while).  Took two yesterday and only took 1/2 of a lortab 5 today.  I was really busy and didn't even think about them(last dose was early this afternoon)!!  I am just really proud of myself for doing this and am looking for a pat on the back I guess:)  These last two weeks were hell...but I think I might have made it now!  Do you guys think I'm all tapered off now?  
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey no offense intended,,,

This is my main concern when my addiction was full blown,,,I tapered for three years..........

Its your life, I am not judging here just trying to help even though some may not think so.

An addict will not want to hear any of my thoughts abouts tapering.
In a six month behavior inpatient rehab that a judge sent me to before he said
I would be ready for a drug rehab preached to us that tapering only works if the addict isn't the one doing the tapering.
They told us a patient cannot treat a patient!!!

Helpful - 0
why did you think I was even thinking about you when I was posting?
Helpful - 0
I know this will probably get a very negative response but I have a question....

When I was in my addiction I took 50 percs a day.
If I were to taper down to 25 a day would that be worth a pat on the back?

Be honest all you tapering out there do you really intend to quit when your bottle is gone?
Helpful - 0
ME TOO..TAPERING DOWN IS GREAT.....BEST WISHES
Helpful - 0
Way to go!!!! Sounds like you could try to see how long you can go without W/D's and just hope they never show up??? Let me know how it goes! Keep it up and you will be posting your days in recovery soon.
Helpful - 0
You won't get a negative response from me...I'm not that kind of person. I think you have valid concerns...but you don't know what sort of situation I am in and tapering is my only option. Sorry if I asked for encouragement on here where you don't think it was deserved.  I'll check in with you next time before I ask for praise on here...
Helpful - 0
I have never posted to your comments in a negative way. I realize you are in a place to offer advice as you have made it this far and congrats on that but some of your comments can be way off base and somewhat out of line. I do not want a rebuttal I am just speaking my peace and will never do so again. But please be positive, if you feel the need to respond in a negative way...don't. It isn't helpful. And congrats on your recovery your story IS inspirational and needed on a forum like this.
Helpful - 0
Yahoo and many pats on the back. You are doing wonderful and should be so proud!!!

Warm wishes,
M
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you could make it,,I"m doing a kinda quick taper,,before when I decided to quit I"d take everything I had and pay big time  I"m hoping this one will be ok,,keep up the good work
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.