Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

19 days off oxy's and I've got a problem!

I'm in pain!  It's been 19 days since I took anything, and a week prior to that. What is the time line for the opiates to diminish in my system to where it won't "start over" with the w/d's!  I've read here weeks or months or years or NEVER, and I'm confused on the issue.  I'm just now starting to feel somewhat "normal" again-and I am not going to restart takng these damn things on a daily basis.  I'm going to get my doc to try something different later this month, but I've got over a months supply and I'm trying to figure out what to do, but I don't want to go thru what I've been thru all over again.
Any answers or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm kinda in the same boat you are.  Ive only been off oxy for a few days but the pain is something.  i really had forgotten why i started to begin with.  i'm not sure what the answer is, but i'm going to try chiropractor & pt as well as anti inflams.  don't know if it will work, but got to try.  I hope all works out for you and your pain.  Let me know if you find something that works well and how your doing without.  Good luck and God Bless
Helpful - 0
I had been off for a week when I took half of a 5mg and that night was he!!. I wouldn't do it, it won't start it completely all over again but you will feel the W/D's again for a day or 2.
Helpful - 0
1911 wrote something on a post to H3girl that may answer your question.  Hope that helps some.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for posting that.  I think that will help many people.  That question is asked a lot from what I have read.  I have cleaned out all temtation here - don't really have any urge, but w/ some here --- who knows...  It helps to hear stories that yours.  How are you, btw?  Hope your doing well? If you want to talk, Im just hanging out today.  
Helpful - 0
I posted my updated just now and thanks for askin :) I am good so far, I figured I would be the guinea pig and try just one more for my actual back pain and I am glad I did cause I could have a 100 of those suckers on me and I wouldn't take one! I was cursing myself the night I did it, doc said it wouldn't be a problem but he lied!

So to anyone else out there beware you won't totally undo everything you went through but you do start on day 3 again. Not sure how long you have to wait but I am not going to find out for ya :) HA, HA.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.