Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
190466 tn?1215884854

happiness to all my good friends......

to all of us that are trying, i offer you peace in your recovery and happiness. I wanted to let yall know as the days move forward your problems will start to deminish if you stay strong. The help that i have gotten from this forum is immesureable(?) im at day 22 and im feeling the best ive felt so far. I love you all and keep you i my thoughts throughout my day and pray all day that those who are still suffering will find the peace that comes when we break the bondage of our addiction. Hope and faith are very important to me , that is the power we have to beat the ties that are holding us back.Hope and Prayers Love and Joy is what we deserve. Clay TX  
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ALL I CAN SAY IS THANKS.  

I just wanted to say my part, but I was Really reaching out,,,,Thanks

I just got up, talked to my wife a bit, and went to work, and worked hard.  Self employed so I am Lucky that way. Chit, I really admire the whole kids thing, wow!! women are Amazing to me, I am the yougest of 3 sisters, Amazing!!

Love Choo-Choo

Thank U All

Just got home about 1 hr, ago  (Clients, bills. business dinner, back to the grind)

Tomorrow will be day 11

12:00 pm

Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
GOOD JOB BROTHER!one week c/t.Bruce
Helpful - 0
Great News, but remember quitting doing the drugs is only half the battle.
Your brain will work very hard to get you back to drugs, it will lie, cheat, manipulate and justify to you that you can just take a couple just to sleep or if your having a very bad day just a few will make you feel better or that back injury its legitamate pain you have the right to take a few pills just to ease the pain.

Construction you have made it through the nasty W/Ds and after 22 days you feel the best. I tell you now almost 17 months here and I feel very good and getting better every day.
I still fight cravings, but now I understand and use the tools of recovery.
People here put down N/A but it is a place where you can share those bad moments and cravings with people who understand and have been there.
It is good to sit with addicts who do not use!
It is good to be with people who will help you without judging you!
It is good to be with people who care about your sobriety!

Your post was great news construction, fantastic.................
Helpful - 0
OUTSTANDING.............................
Helpful - 0
It is posts like yours that keep me going.  I'm on day 9 c/t from norco and starting to feel better.  Thanks for sharing your experiences....they help a lot to those of us behind you.
Helpful - 0
Amen
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement and support!!
M
Helpful - 0
Hubby to Deperate

Day 10 C/T - not a good day, low energy, low mood, dead inside.  can't wait to get to day 20 and then year 20.

Congrats

Choochoo
Helpful - 0
I totally understand the no energy thing; I can barely stand it sometimes. That is one of the hardest things I have had to deal with being "pill free". That is the one craving that haunts me when I get home from work. If only I could just take one I could actually get the day to day things done. My hubby owns a construction business so he is gone from sun up til sun down, making dinner and giving baths are like running marathons to me. Construction has given me hope that this will turn around and one day I will get my energy back, I am tried of envying people around me because they are "normal" and don't know the pill he!!. Truth is, they may and I just don't know it.

Construction--keep up the good work your posts give me something to look forward to!!!
Helpful - 0
You are doing so great!!! You will have your good days and bad. Do you like to read? I know it helped me so much when I was trying to quit. It helps to get your mind on something else other than pills and for me it is a great escape. Keep up the good work and soon you will be feeling great. I only wish I could do what you have done. I just keep plugging away at it. I really admire your strength.
Bless,
M
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
heya Clay.yr optimism is infectious and im so pleased 4 u.hubby&pgnscared u both hav achieved so much and yr progress on this forum has been teriffic.i dont mean to get all syrupy and sickly sweet but i am so happy 4 u all.u guys rock.
regards J
Helpful - 0
I am right behind you at day 20 c/t...  I check on you everyday, and it gives me strength everyday.

ttfn
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.