Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Diazepam Overdose

I have recently been told by a doctor that i suffered from anorexia nervosa, which is quite incorrect. I have some eating problems and I've been overcoming a very hard time with a depression. I was given Prozac, which I started taking one pill per day. But when I saw that nothing was happening, I started taking seven. Obviously the box went empty and I couldn't get another subscription, so I stole my gradmother's Lexotan, which I am taking at highly doses. That is (i am being completely sincere) on top of my other recreational abuses such as meth, lsd, ganja, and speed.
My vision is turning blurry and I can't sleep at night. I feel like sleeping the entire day and speaking with people turns into a complete sacrifice. I don't even think I'm living in reality, let alone mine.
What's going on? Is my brain going down?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
147172 tn?1226758178
I think you need to get to a dcotor.
Helpful - 0
Please talk to your doctor...you are playing russian roulette with your anti-depressants and other meds. You could overdose very easily..I don't mean to frighten you but your post worried me.

Please take care and keep posting.

Bless you,
M
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
You most defintely need to get to the dr. These kind of meds are not like what you are used to taking. Those can kill slowly, liver damage and sorts. Anti Dep. KILL when overdosed! Diazepam is Valium. You are not dealing with Valium here. One can take a handful of Valium and just go to sleep and sleep it off. Now, if you do it repeatdly, that would be bad on the liver. What you are talking about here is something completely different. What you are taking is SSRI anti dep. Those are actually supposed to wire you a little and the fact they are making you sleepy is very scary to me. GO!!!! NOW!!!!
Helpful - 0
Prozac is NOT a quick fix.  It does not work instantly, or quickly.  It works very slowly, and you would not see effects for many weeks.  Taking the amount you have been taking will cause seratonin syndrome.  YOU NEED TO CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY, OR YOU COULD DIE.  I am not blowing smoke.  I am one exam away from my degree in registered nursing, and take SSRI's myself.  CALL 911, and TELL THEM EVERYTHING.  You need help in a BIG way!  NOW.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.