Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Loratab tapering???

Hello Everyone....I am brand new to this site and am inspired by all that I read.  I have a few questions that I sure would like help on.  I have done about 2 10mg loratabs a day for the past year....some days was 3 and some days were only 1....but the average was 2 per day.  From what I read that is not a huge ammount.  However, I am on day 3 of quitting cold turkey and I feel like I am going to crawl out of my skin...no energy....walking around like I am in a fog....it is really weird.  My question is how long does that generalll last for?  Also, would it make more sense to taper of 1/2 a pill every week....or does that just make it harder.  I do not have any body aches as of yet and I am sleeping ok.....just no energy and feel very cloudy.  I am in sales and loved loratab because I talked so great....now it is a chore to say anything.  Any help will be appreciated....thanks!!
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am new and trying to come off of about 6-8 lortabs per day. Have tried in the past and could not handle withdrawals. I have to now and I am scared.  Something that once made me feel like I was on my A-Game has just turned into a monster. Any suggestions on stopping, secrets for the pain and withdrawls,etc. I don't want to sound whiny but I am just scared, hurting and its time.  I see alot of people talk about relapse too.  How long are physical w/d and mental w/d and will I still crave after  30 days or so??  Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Helpful - 0
Hey guys,

I tapered and now I have 9 days with no pills! It is really hard the first week I was sooo sick and no energy at all. I have my tree year old at home with me so it  was really hard to do anything. But I'm glad I did! The first time I went cold turkey and then my dr. told me to taper. The c/t thing was hard but I wish I would have gone that way to be honest.
You are at a low dose so hopefully it wont be to bad for to long.
I went from about 80-100 mg a day at times but about 80 most of the time. The first three days I went to 3 10/500 =30mg a day. I just could not sleep at all. I finnally wised up and took the first one in the morn. so I had some energy and then one at bed so it would help me sleep. Strange how it can energize and help sleep! day 4,5,6 I was on 20mg. that is when the hell began! No sleep, no energy, sick, leg cramps and strangly enough a numb face at times??
I know I'm going on abit to much but long story short the worst is behind me and it is well worth it to regain control of my life. The mind w/d are still there but hopefully that will stop soon.

Just remember this to shall pass!

Good luck to you! You can do it!
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
hard telling on how long and how severe the w/d's will be everyone is different.i'm not a doc and dont want to steer anyone in the wrong direction.I just know we wont die from w/d's but sometimes i feel like i am.im 7 days clean and still in wd's .I'm tired,no appetite,hard time sleeping,all that still.and really 80 mg of hydrocodone a day aint s--- compared to some of my friends here.Read some of the older posts and you can get alot of insight.I'm sure others will post you too with info.by the what team?KC? talk to you later and good luck. Bruce
Helpful - 0
Hi.  Why put yourself through the w/d, if you can muster up the will power to taper the dosage? That's the trick.  Just keep focused on what you're trying to accomplish, so you don't just pop the extra pill because it's there.  I just reduced myself off of a daily morphine dosage, although it was low to begin with, it sounds like your dose is low too!  I reduced gradually every couple of days by breaking the pills in half, and then half again.  I met with my doc today, and told him what I'd done, and we're going to try Topamax for the
continued pain, vs. morphine.

I took immodium in the daytime for the stomach issues, and Benedryl at night to sleep.  Not so bad.

Good luck.  You'll be back to your old selling self in no time!!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks Roof.....I used to just take a loratab on the weekend for fun, but made the mistake of taking one at the office a year ago....loved it and never looked back.  The CT thing is really hard because I (like everyone else here) have no energy.  I had a short NFL career and popped pills all the ime but never had withdrawl symptoms....funny how it all works out....I was going to taper but will maybe try another day CT and see what happens........in your experience how long will withdrawl last being on the lower ammount I was on last....I know I am searching for answers here....lol...thanks a lot.
Helpful - 0
This is so great....please keep the posts coming....great forum, I have never been on one before.....the info is great and inspiring, thanks a lot!!!
Helpful - 0
Hey.  You'll make it.  The fact that you're even here writing says you're over it, and ready to get back to your old self.  I truly believe if you cut your med in half, and take half in the am and half at night, for about 3 days, you'll be able to go to 1/2 in evening for a couple of days, and then c/t.  The w/d won't be nearly so bad.  And actually, you're at such a low dose, you w/d is going to be more mental than physical.   But, you can do it!   If you don't exercise already, try to walk at night.  Exercise allows our brain to release natural dopamene (sp?).  May make up for the tablets a bit.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
sounds like you will experience some w/d's.I have tapered in the past.i was on high doses of hydro at the time.this time i had to go c/t because i cant taper anymore for some reason i dont know.the amount you are currently taking is not too high compared to some poor peeps here.I personally would keep going c/t and try to get it over.I know all about the talking thing .I can sell ice to an eskimo when i'm high.good luck and if you have any more questions im here.im currently 7 days c/t off 80mg a day and still in full blown mental w/d's.there are lots of good peeps here to help you like they are helping me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.