Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

MANY TEARS :(

well, here i am, back and ALONE... with many tears to shed. it's amazing how quickly that hole has opened back up in my heart.
i held it together at the airport, i has to for the girls. they didnt want to leave mommy and i didnt want to let go of them. No tears came at our good-bye. i remained strong for them, i knew how hard it would have been for them to see me cry.
the minute they boarded the plane, my eyes swelled up and the tears haven't stopped coming since. everything i see remindes me of them. i know this will pass, but right now i can barely see to type. I wonder how i will make it 2 MORE MONTHS????
to all of you, PLEASE, keep me in your thought and prayers today. I need all the strength i can get to make it through the next few days. this is when i get vulnerable to use and abuse my meds, to numb that hole inside.
i will be on alot now that they are gone.

thanks,
tink
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
You will make it!I lost my son to alcohol.everyday i want to numb myself one way or the other.I will pray for you.and remember you will see them again.please be clean when they come back.I lost alot of time with my son due to pills and alcohol.now i'm crying.gotta go.Bruce
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
I know the hole. I am on the other end. My mom would go on a benger and we would be pulled away from her  screaming and crying so she could get the help she needed. I will tell you, as the years go by, they won't remember much about it. I can remember staying with my nanny and having great fun with her. The initial pull apart is the hardest but after that smooth sailing! You just have to pull yourself together and do what you have to do for them kids. My mom, after all of the years, still a junkie. She won't admit it but she is. Get clean and stay clean. Feel no guilt because you are doing it for them as well as yourself. Just say, do it for the kids, do it for the kids! Don't be my mom at her age. It is sad. She was once so beautiful. Now, she shows her age plus 20. Most of her teeth are gone because if she went to the dr. for him to pull a problem tooth, she would get a script. I would hate to be her and look in the mirror and know I had done it to myself. I do want to say though, she is a junkie but I still love her. So, if you do fail your kids will always love their mommy. Just don't fail. "I can do it! I can do it!" And remember, my favorite quote, "This too, shall pass."
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry you are so sad. You will see them in two months and that will go by fast :0). Be strong and just think of all the fun and love you have had with them for the last 12 days. I loved your pictures snow tubing and everyone had such a smile on their faces. The children are adorable and you can see the happiness shining in their eyes. I bet on the plane ride home they were thinking what a great time they had.
Bless,
Mariyah
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
Tink, you're so strong.  I can't be away from my daughter for more than a few hours without breaking down.  Granted, she's only 6 months but I don't think that ever changes with time.  I applaud all you're trying to do and my prayers are with you.
The girls will grow up to be strong women seeing how strong you are in the face of such destruction.
God bless you!
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
you know you still have us to help in anyway we can.Look to the future and they will be back w/their mother soon. hope and prayers for you Clay TX
Helpful - 0
********************************HUGE HUG*************************
Lord knows you need it..I totally relate to that empty feeling...I really get the remebrance of them around....its when the halls become empty.....and there is no sound......YOu know what though girl? There is a bright side to it...Its only 2 months...2 months blows by...you know that...You can do this...and girl....YOU CAN DO THIS CLEAN!! If you need me ever...you know where to find me....I love you...and hang in there...
Helpful - 0
thankyou for all of your support. :)

after coming home and posting, i went upstairs and cried, then cried some more and finally i fell asleep. i had a wonderful dream about summer and woke up to my boyfriend kissing my forehead and i had a (((SMILE))) on my face. he asked me why i was waking up w/ such a big smile, and i told him about the dream i had. (in which the girls and i were strawberry picking in the summertime) and how could I not smile after a vivid dream like that? :) so even though this is gonna be a long 2 months, i hope i keep having dreams like i did today,  cause it will make it alot less painfull.

also, they just called me and got home to FL safely.

i love all of you,
tink
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.