Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

6 hours last night

I managed 6 hours of sleep last night.  I began the requip, but I didn't see any effect on the RLS.  I ended up taking 2 ativan and fell asleep.  this morning I only took my multivitamin in hopes that maybe cutting out the L-tyrosine and extra B would make sleep easier.

I am unsure if I should continue to take the requip or not.  I don't know if the RLS is a symptom of W/D or if I truly have RLS.  Has anyone taken requip just during W/D and then stopped?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi...What is requip?...i have heard it mentioned a few times in this forum.
Thanks!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Requip is a medication for RLS.  It's a central nervous system depressent that controls the jerking/twitching/creepy crawly legs associated with RLS.  My doc wasnt convinced the RLS symptoms I am experiencing are due to WD so she prescribed requip.  I just didn't think it helped last night and am not sure if I should keep taking it - even if only til I am able to sleep on my own.
Helpful - 0
Thanks...what day are you on now?  It really does get better...sleep is really difficult but it improves. I was able to sleep so much better in about 2 weeks time and it is still improving now.  
Helpful - 0
Day 8.  I have worked since I went c/t (except the weekend).  I am just truly exhausted.  Otherwise I feel great.  My head is clear and pleasure sensations are coming back...I'm definitely not depressed but I'm so tired I could just lay here and cry.

I know it will get better and it is going to take some time, but my body is just beat.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.